Movies Man on Wire

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

This is based off of a true story. On August 7th 1974 somebody illegally secured a wire across the tops of the two main towers of the World Trade Center, and walked across.

Of course news helicopters covered it and the footage along with interviews have been put into a documentary called "Man on Wire", perhaps a pun of the Denzel Washington movie "Man on Fire", but this clearly has nothing else in common with that movie..

Anyway, here it is:

Apple - Trailers - Man On Wire - Trailer

Quite impressive considering he had nothing securing him to the wire. One slip and he would have fallen to his death. I'm somewhat surprised I haven't ever heard of this event but it didn't take place in my lifetime either.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Man, that guy had a lot of guts to pull that off, I probably won't see this movie at the movie theaters, but I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD or on my Satellite. Just to find out the whole story behind this.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah, it's not really a movie. It's a documentary. I don't see many things in the theater so I definitely am not interested enough in this to see it on the big screen but I wouldn't mind checking it out once it's out on DVD or maybe even on TV/YouTube etc.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

No amount of money in the world would let me do that over any building over 30 feet high.