Man locates his father . . in prison, his name is Charles Manson

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Merc, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

So you think you've had a bad day? Shut up and quit bitching because your day is AWESOME compared to this guy:

Man discovers Charles Manson is his real dad | World News | News.com.au

Reading the whole story, it's kind of depressing because the dude doesn't love his father, but he doesn't want to hate him. It's a terrible conflict that I'd never want to have to deal with.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

That is a bummer.

I dont think its worth getting depressed over though. It'd be one thing if Manson raised him, but he didnt. So really the only bad mark is that he shares some of the same blood code with him. however its easy for me to say this, 'cause I'm not in his situation.

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

no one can understand what he felt during those moments.
    it's weird to find out what your father used to be though. you might just feel ashamed when think about your origin.

4. JAdams

JAdams Registered Member

Damn...of all the people he could be related too.

At least he can say that Manson never raised him, but still, most children can say great things about their daddies. "My daddy's an engineer/firefighter/policeman/judge/doctor/school teacher/etc!"

What's he gonna say? "My dad is Charles Manson, one of America's most infamous serial killers."

That's horrible. :(

5. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

I think I'm going to hell, because I almost feel compelled to laugh; it's such a classic story, so completely turned on its head it probably would have flopped as "grossly unrealistic and cliche" had it been a movie. Can you imagine? It's like winning the Infernal Lottery; you're expecting the worst to be some drugged-out bum living in a studio apartment, and he turns out to be one of the most infamous serial killers of all time. Truth truly is stranger than fiction.

MAgnum9987 likes this.
  6. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Call me an asshole, that is fucking funny. Sure, I can see that is a horrible situation to be in, but come on, LOL! Thank God that their are so few people in the world that could claim to be in a situation anywhere near that

7. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I almost feel for the guy. I know myself, I have a father who's a good for nothing alcoholic and so I've felt that split love thing, where you hate him for being shitty, but you don't want to hate him either because he's still your father. I wonder if this guy figures he might have been better off not finding out who his dad was?

8. JAdams

JAdams Registered Member

I think this is exactly one of those cases. Sometimes a kid just shouldn't know who their mother/father was. Better thinking your dad was a good man who died in an accident than a bad man in jail because he was a nutjob, I guess?