Man leaves fortune to Los Angeles

K

Kidd

A 79-year-old man has reportedly given more than $500,000 to the people of Los Angeles in his will, but snubbed his five siblings by leaving them only $US1 each.

The Los Angeles Times reported Theodore DiFiore died in 1990 leaving most of his assets, which included an old gas filling station and an auto repair shop, to the people of Los Angeles.

"I think he was just a ornery guy ... and why he chose the city of Los Angeles, I don't have any idea," said lawyer Robert Pasquinelli, who handled the case.

"It was an interesting probate in that for years the city didn't know what to do with this."

The Times reports Mr DiFiore's properties in San Jose were run-down and needed renovation before being sold, and that is the reason Los Angeles is only getting the money now.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200612/s1811229.htm

Kyo_Muramasa

Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n
This is why brothers and sisters should treat one another with love and care as their parents says, or atleast give them some kind of support. They can't say that they didn't get anything lol^^;

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
He didnt give any money to his siblings yea thats brotherly love, why would you give your money to complete strangers, instead of giving it to blood. Puzzles me at the moment.

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
He didnt give any money to his siblings yea thats brotherly love, why would you give your money to complete strangers, instead of giving it to blood. Puzzles me at the moment.
It would depend on how well you were treated by your siblings. If they treated you like crap why would you want to leave them anything.

Hoosier.

Kyo_Muramasa

Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n
Hoosier Daddy said:
It would depend on how well you were treated by your siblings. If they treated you like crap why would you want to leave them anything.
This is the reason why I have alot of guilt trips after I do evil things to my little sisters, it can always effect how the future turns out >>; But I usually make it up to them somehow.

Plus he does have a point Fresh ya know lol

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I think he gave it to LA people because I don't think he really trusted his children with a big sum he was going to give out.

I am not saying that he made a good or bad decion. But he should have donated it to the nearest charity.