Man is God

Hiei

The Hierophant
I'm going to start out by telling anyone who reads this thread to read it in a calm and collected manner. Your will and your interpretation of what I'm saying can be so misconstrued through your own eyes that you can read this as if I'm belittling your or your faith. I'm not doing that. I'm merely giving evidence of my point and if you don't agree with me, that's your free will to do so. But if you respond to this, please do so in a respectful manner.

Now that I have that out of the way, I'll begin.

There is no such thing as God, however, "God" is proof that the human mind and the collection of human minds together can create anything. If you put your will to it, you can create literally anything. Gods, miracles, acts of immense greatness, or acts of unspeakable evil. It's all the will of man, not God. You can look at loads of religions and see the same archetype of religious people in the ancient Egyptian god Horus. Horus was born to a virgin mother on December 25th, he was crucified then raised from his tomb after three days. He turned water into wine, healed the sick, made the blind man see, his foster father was from royalty (foster father because his real father was divine), and his mother and foster father had to flee their country and go into hiding so that he wasn't murdered as an infant. He was referred to as the Son of God, the Light of the World, The Anointed One, The Lamb of God, etc. He was baptized at the age 30, had 12 disciples, a star in the east signified his birth.

You can see all of that in Jesus, Attis, Krishna, Dionysus, Mithra, Zoroaster, Bali, Thor, and many many more. So, either all of these gods are exactly the same being that's been lying to us through thousands of different religions, or there is actually no such thing as God. I subscribe to the latter.

The fact of the matter is you can figure out why all of these gods have the same attributes if you look at the stars. The star in the east that everyone sees is Sirius. On December 24th, it lines up with the three brightest stars of Orion's belt and they all point to exactly where the sun rises. The three stars are called (of course) The Three Kings. The birth of the sun(son) on December 25th. This is supported by the fact that all of the other gods are referred to as "the LIGHT of the world" and "the SUN of god." Their virgin mother is none other than the constellation Virgo "The VIRGIN." And as far as the death for three days goes, that can be explained by looking at the sky as well. As the world rotates, the sun shines in the sky in the sky less and less. From December 22nd till December 25th the sun hangs in the sky not moving either north or south for three days. After the third day, the sun will begin to remain in the sky for longer and longer. Thus the rebirth after the third day.

Now, for you church going people reading this, let me ask you if you've ever felt the presence of God. If you've ever actually felt the energy that can only be described as God? If you have, has it always been when the people at the gathering were singing, crying, and just otherwise really feeling the moment? Maybe speaking in tongues and dancing all about? I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. Have you ever felt God when you've just been sitting quietly in church listening to the person giving the church service?

We are the exact same decaying, organic material as everything else. We are linked to other people and animals through our soul. Our life spark. The energy that lets us live. We can feel that energy whenever we're near other people. There are groups of people all over the world that will meditate at exactly the same time and those people say that they can feel the overwhelming power of everyone else that's meditating. That's not God. That's people. The more in tune with other people, the more energy you feel. You are your own god. We've all heard the phrase "Where there's a will, there's a way." And it's absolutely true. You can do literally anything that you set your mind to and the only thing that can ever stop you is you. No one can bring you down unless you let them. No one can stop you if you're determined enough and if you believe in yourself hard enough.

Now, after you've read this, if you even have, I want you to ponder on this for awhile before you respond. I don't want your initial response, I'm looking for well thought out responses. And my final question to you is, if you subscribe to any religion, what makes you so sure that your god even exists, and if so, how can you see the proof everywhere you look that it doesn't, and still continue to have completely blind faith?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I don't know or care whether 'the voice' starts in my own head or not. What's the difference, anyway? It's smarter than I am, it always gives right advice when I listen carefully and it deserves my eternal respect.

Hiei

The Hierophant
The difference is that you can do so much more when you believe in yourself instead of believing in an all seeing, all knowing entity that has some special hidden plan. You are the center of your own universe. The advise that you're hearing is what you've already learned through your own experiences and it's guiding you in the way of happiness. God uses the fear of eternal damnation if you don't listen to him. Your conscience can bring hell on earth for you if you go against it.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
The difference is that you can do so much more when you believe in yourself instead of believing in an all seeing, all knowing entity that has some special hidden plan.
I'm not claiming any knowledge that the Source is somehow 'external,' Hiei, but I'll play Devil's Advocate here for the lulz: have you tested the theory which you've just declared as settled fact? In other words, have you tried it both ways? Are you sure you're even capable of not imagining yourself in the center of the universe?

God uses the fear of eternal damnation if you don't listen to him.
God who? The consciousness I can access would never abuse me like that. Somebody's been feeding you a line. Ignore them.

Your conscience can bring hell on earth for you if you go against it.
Yes, indeedy!!

I know you put a lot of thought and time into your thread, Hiei, so I’ll try to do the same with my response.
One of the beautiful things about being born human and having these wonderful brains, is the fact that we are constantly trying to find answers and explanations. Now, as wonderful and complex as we are, those same attributes and need for answers can be a burden. How can we possibly, with our brilliant minds grasp the concept of believing in something we cannot even reach out and touch, right? How dare our intellect be ridiculed by reading something as unbelievable as the bible, right?
You asked when we (the believers) feel closest to God. Obviously I can’t answer for everyone else, but you’re wrong when you lump us all into one collective mindset only feeling His presence when we are surrounded by other believers. I can honestly say that I am closest to God when I am completely alone. Before you say it, it has nothing to do with being lonely and making up a false companion. It’s not even a feeling that can be described unless it’s been experienced. It’s more than being wrapped in the warmth of something greater than yourself. It’s a feeling within, of knowing you are not alone. Not just believing, but knowing.
I do understand what it feels like to be a non-believer. I cannot tell you how many years I spent lost in the darkness of blaming my past on the fact that God couldn’t possibly exist. I used all the same reasons so many others seem to grasp and throw out in defense of their own reasons for not believing. “how can there possibly be a loving God with so much hate and hurt in the world, where was he when I needed him most, etc..”
I know that everything about God and his existence can be explained away with words and whatever the next non-believer throws out there. But, all the words, data, and reasons not to believe do not come even close to the momentous feeling of knowing that God is there because of faith. I do not have the power within me to explain what it is to KNOW in a way that will break down the barrier of disbelief for those who truly have no desire to step into the light. I only have the power to say, it’s such a beautiful thing to know He is with me.

Last edited:

Hiei

The Hierophant
I'm not claiming any knowledge that the Source is somehow 'external,' Hiei, but I'll play Devil's Advocate here for the lulz: have you tested the theory which you've just declared as settled fact? In other words, have you tried it both ways? Are you sure you're even capable of not imagining yourself in the center of the universe?

:lol: I should have taken my own advise and just pondered on your response. But I see your view now.

But to answer the question of if I've tried not being the center of the universe, by which I take it as have I ever been a religious person. Yes. Personally, I grew up Salvationist, which is the Church of the Salvation Army. And I worked a summer at a summer camp that they had one year and I was completely surrounded by church for about two to two and a half months. Being an employee, I had to be a part of a lot of church functions which were all about praising the lord. He was the be all and the end all to everything. I don't like that kind of a lifestyle, especially when I can see the truth that Jesus, in all reality, may not have even existed.

I know you put a lot of thought and time into your thread, Hiei, so I’ll try to do the same with my response.
Thank you.

One of the beautiful things about being born human and having these wonderful brains, is the fact that we are constantly trying to find answers and explanations. Now, as wonderful and complex as we are, those same attributes and need for answers can be a burden.
The answer is so simple that once you know the truth, and you fully accept it, life becomes easier. We are no more or no less special than anything else in nature. Humans are curious by nature and we would notice the constellations in the sky that would come around every year and associate them with the harvest, spring rains, etc. They became the first gods because they thought they were causing these changes in the seasons. All because our curiosity caused us to pay such attention to the stars and the sky.

How can we possibly, with our brilliant minds grasp the concept of believing in something we cannot even reach out and touch, right? How dare our intellect be ridiculed by reading something as unbelievable as the bible, right?
I believe in air. I believe in ghosts. I believe in aliens. But I do not believe in god.

You asked when we (the believers) feel closest to God. Obviously I can’t answer for everyone else, but you’re wrong when you lump us all into one collective mindset only feeling His presence when we are surrounded by other believers. I can honestly say that I am closest to God when I am completely alone.
That's when you feel the power of the earth. I bet that Echoes can agree with me when I say that when you're completely alone in nature, you can feel it. The earth is a living organism just like everything else. When you're alone, you can feel the earth because you're not distracted by everything else that's going on in your life.

I know the feeling that you're talking about, or else I think I do at any rate. I've been sitting out on top of some hill that I've climbed up and just looked out into nothing but rolling mountains. I felt the power of the air, the wind, the rocks around me, the earth surrounding me. It recharges you and lets you know that you can do anything and the earth won't judge you. It embraces you because it's the same thing as us. We are all made up of energy and that's what the earth is, too.

Before you say it, it has nothing to do with being lonely and making up a false companion.
I wouldn't have said that even if you didn't say that.

It’s not even a feeling that can be described unless it’s been experienced. It’s more than being wrapped in the warmth of something greater than yourself. It’s a feeling within, of knowing you are not alone. Not just believing, but knowing.
Exactly. My main point is that you're misdirecting your faith, with all due respect. But in the end, if that's what works for you, that's really all that matters. Because the only thing that can ever make us happy is our own self.

I do understand what it feels like to be a non-believer. I cannot tell you how many years I spent lost in the darkness of blaming my past on the fact that God couldn’t possibly exist. I used all the same reasons so many others seem to grasp and throw out in defense of their own reasons for not believing. “how can there possibly be a loving God with so much hate and hurt in the world, where was he when I needed him most, etc..”

I always hated when people said that. I was always told that that was the devil testing us. But the thing is that I don't feel like I'm walking in darkness. I feel like I have the answer that shines the light on the world and explains everything. Everything totally makes sense to me.

I know that everything about God and his existence can be explained away with words and whatever the next non-believer throws out there. But, all the words, data, and reasons not to believe do not come even close to the momentous feeling of knowing that God is there because of faith. I do not have the power within me to explain what it is to KNOW in a way that will break down the barrier of disbelief for those who truly have no desire to step into the light. I only have the power to say, it’s such a beautiful thing to know He is with me.
Like I already said, I'm pretty sure that we're both feeling the same thing, just a different path with a different name.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
My cat has this unbelievable ability to crap within a 0.5m x 0.8m enclosed box without fail, but for the life of me, I can't find a toilet seat at the university that isn't positively festering with human excrement of all kinds. I got stuck behind a cement truck today doing 20km/h under the limit, and this guy behind me in some bloody monster truck flew past in an absolute rage for having to slow down, giving me the finger. Those are my impressions of today, just one day in public.

I do understand the romanticism you're trying to express, but I, for one, will not label mankind as any more godly than cattle. In fact, frankly, I think its rather dangerous to let people think they have that kind of say; 88.9% of them are brutally amoral enough as it is, living in fear of an angry, omnipotent and omniscient being that's going to condemn them to eternal torture for a thimbleful of the crap they try to pull. :-/

Although, I am in a bad mood today.

Hiei said:
I believe in air. I believe in ghosts. I believe in aliens. But I do not believe in god.
This I did find interesting, however; how do you rationalize a belief in ghosts, but at the same time vehemently deny any and all possibility of a deity?

Last edited:

Hiei

The Hierophant
My cat has this unbelievable ability to crap within a 0.5m x 0.8m enclosed box without fail, but for the life of me, I can't find a toilet seat at the university that isn't positively festering with human excrement of all kinds. I got stuck behind a cement truck today doing 20km/h under the limit, and this guy behind me in some bloody monster truck flew past in an absolute rage for having to slow down, giving me the finger. Those are my impressions of today, just one day in public.

I do understand the romanticism you're trying to express, but I, for one, will not label mankind as any more godly than cattle. In fact, frankly, I think its rather dangerous to let people think they have that kind of say; 88.9% of them are brutally amoral enough as it is, living in fear of an angry, omnipotent and omniscient being that's going to condemn them to eternal torture for a thimbleful of the crap they try to pull. :-/

Whether or not anyone wants to admit it, everyone is their own god. We are completely in control of our own universe, our own life. Whatever we want to do, we can do. There are, however, people behind the curtain controlling the controllable part of this life, but that's it. When it comes down to it, we are the master of our own universe. If you don't want to be stuck in traffic, take an alternate route. Ride a bike, get a scooter, something. There is an answer for everything and that answer is that you just have to believe in yourself. We are not alone on the earth and we interact with other people, but when it comes down to our own personal life, we are in absolute control. We just have to realize it.

This I did find interesting, however; how do you rationalize a belief in ghosts, but at the same time vehemently deny any and all possibility of a deity?
Ghosts are nothing but misguided life energies. A will that was so strong in this life that they've attached their soul to this world.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
The first half of your post reminds me of the movie Zeitgeist. It includes your theories.

We are linked to other people and animals through our soul. Our life spark. The energy that lets us live. We can feel that energy whenever we're near other people. There are groups of people all over the world that will meditate at exactly the same time and those people say that they can feel the overwhelming power of everyone else that's meditating. That's not God. That's people. The more in tune with other people, the more energy you feel. You are your own god

The alternate explanation is people are deluding themselves. There is no reason to believe that we are feeling people's energy instead of God's energy. Let me subscribe to your theory for a while, People didn't exist before bacteria. If people are god, who created the bacteria?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Whether or not anyone wants to admit it, everyone is their own god. We are completely in control of our own universe, our own life. Whatever we want to do, we can do. There are, however, people behind the curtain controlling the controllable part of this life, but that's it. When it comes down to it, we are the master of our own universe. If you don't want to be stuck in traffic, take an alternate route. Ride a bike, get a scooter, something. There is an answer for everything and that answer is that you just have to believe in yourself. We are not alone on the earth and we interact with other people, but when it comes down to our own personal life, we are in absolute control. We just have to realize it.
That just describes free will, which doesn't preclude or disprove the existence of something greater than ourselves.

Ghosts are nothing but misguided life energies. A will that was so strong in this life that they've attached their soul to this world.
How sure are you? Is this something you know?