• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Man in bear costume harasses bear & cubs

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Authorities want to talk to a man who donned a fairly realistic bear costume — head and all — and wore it when harassing a mother bear and two cubs trying to feed on pink salmon in an Alaska river.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-bear-costumes-harasses-bears-alaska-005420961.html#KCoWKDe

Some people are really stupid. If the mother bear had attacked him I bet she would have been killed for it.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
He sounds seriously mental. But they wouldnt have to shoot the bear. Just use horns or something to make sharp noises. Bears have really sensitive ears so that would make her leave. I dont get why people dont know that but maybe there arent as many bears here.
Btw the most dangerous bears are the black bears that live in Slovakia.

Well I hope they find him and arrest him. The dudes a serious nutjob!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Black bears anywhere are more likely to attack than other bears and playing dead doesn't work with them.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Sounds like someone's trying to audition for a commercial or a part on Saturday Night Live. It's a fun idea if you can get away with it, but why risk it? Not worth it.

I was hoping for pictures. This story is nothing without pictures. Even if the guy is gone and not allowing pictures....... why not dress someone up and get a fake bear and caption the picture like "IT LOOKED KINDA LIKE THIS"?

Meh....... this really needs some pictures.