• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Man Impersonating Cop Arrested

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Frank Mete, 55, of 31 Concord Road in Berlin was arrested after allegedly posing as an undercover officer conducting a sting operation and raping a woman. It happened Thursday at the Residence Inn at 201 Hale Road in Manchester, according to Manchester police.
It can happen anywhere, gang. Just try to be careful of police officers and people who say that they are police officers, no matter how convincing they sound nor how real their identification or badges seem to be.

Suspect impersonated cop to sexually assault woman, police say - U.S. News=

dDave

V.I.P.
That is actually really sick. Many people are generally trusting of the police and stuff like this may sway that trust. Of course, these people don't care, they're willing to do whatever it takes to get whatever they want.

I hope he's charged and held in prison for a long time. They need to send a clear message that this is not ok and will be dealt with accordingly.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Glad they got him and I think he should receive a lot of extra time for impersonating a cop and considering he is a repeat offender I bet he gets it. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, you should ask for ID.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Like Hilander says, you should always ask for an ID and I know they recommend that you even get the badge number and call in to verify these details. Cops won't and can't get mad at you for asking that, for your own safety. It could stop something like this happening though.

We have people pretending to be cops pulling over cars on the road and then hi-jacking them. I was taught what to do from a young age when I started driving alone at night, and this may have saved my life at least once. My parents taught me to not pull over even for a cop car if I am driving alone at night (we have a corrupt police force, surprise surprise). This happened to me one night that police tried to pull me over. I wasn't drunk driving and I wasn't speeding and there is nothing wrong with my car. So I did what my dad told me to do and I drove to the nearest police station and only stopped there to get out in front of the station. Shockingly enough, when the car saw me stop there, they drove past.

Taliesin

Registered Member
We have people pretending to be cops pulling over cars on the road and then hi-jacking them. I was taught what to do from a young age when I started driving alone at night, and this may have saved my life at least once. My parents taught me to not pull over even for a cop car if I am driving alone at night (we have a corrupt police force, surprise surprise). This happened to me one night that police tried to pull me over. I wasn't drunk driving and I wasn't speeding and there is nothing wrong with my car. So I did what my dad told me to do and I drove to the nearest police station and only stopped there to get out in front of the station. Shockingly enough, when the car saw me stop there, they drove past.
That is frightening to read, idi. Seriously. Your country sounds like a freakin' dangerous place to live! Come on over to Australia instead! Me and wifey would be happy to put you up for a little while until you found your own place to live! :cool:

The idea that someone would impersonate a police officer, while shocking, also shouldn't surprise me. It's the perfect cover really. Who'd suspect that you're not really what you say you are when most everyone trusts the police? I certainly wouldn't think to question it if someone approached me in police garb and said they were a cop.

I know better now though. In future, I'll be asking for ID. :nod:

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Idisrsly, anytime I see a police car behind me, I'm always on alert. However, a decade ago, I did get pulled over by a cop for having an expired inspection sticker on my windshield. The cop was for real and seemed okay. All he did was check my ID for any criminal records and once I was clear, all I did was sign a citation and was on my way. But you do have a point about being alert about the police.