• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Man I miss the "NBA on NBC" theme song

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Does anybody else remember the "NBA on NBC" theme song? It played all the time when NBC had the NBA airing contract. Now it's TNT I believe and it's not nearly as good.

I would rank the NBC theme the best even above the current NFL theme.

Here it is for all of you who may have forgotten it:

YouTube - Best NBA intro ever!

Man I love it.

Luckily Alan Parsons Project's "Sirius" is pretty much used by everybody. I doubt any song can ever come close to how awesome that song is for intro music. I remember watching the Bulls entrances all the time and this was always their entrance music. It's used so much now but I still love it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I get goosebumps whenever I hear that song. NBC definitely needs to start doing the NBA playoffs again. TNT does a great job, but I really can't stand ESPN and ABC. Their theme music and announcers blow.