• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stupid Man gets charged $1,666 for breakfast.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The most expensive item on the menu at most Waffle House restaurants is less then $20. So when a South Carolina man and his wife stopped by the popular chain restaurant for breakfast last week, he was absolutely floored when his bill for the couple was more than $1,600.

'I almost had a heart attack': Man gets $1,666 bill for breakfast - at a WAFFLE HOUSE! | Mail Online
I really don't know what the worst part of this story is. The fact the man signed the receipt without looking at it or that the cashier never saw anything wrong with the outrageous charge.

Makes me wonder if some people can even think for themselves anymore. Any reasonable person with any kind of intelligence surely would have saw something wrong here but not this cashier. Look at that bill before signing.

How many of you sign before you look? Ever had anything like this happen to you?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I don't have a credit card, but when I pay with my debit I always check the amount before entering my pin.

When I was being trained in retail by my boss, she told me to always say 'check the amount and enter your pin', but it's just common sense to check it - or maybe not in this case...

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never sign without looking at the amount and I don't understand why anyone would. Computers make mistakes, people make mistakes and when its your money you need to keep an eye on it or sooner or later your going to get screwed.

This man did get his money back thankfully but it took a lot of trouble on his part. Bet he looks in the future.