• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Man gets 7 years for owning guns

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Brian Aitken has been sentenced to 7 years in prison for guns he legally bought at Bass Pro Shops. What a nightmare (literally, I just had a nightmare about being arrested for carrying my pistol :lol:)

I wonder how many murders, rapists, and robbers have gotten lighter sentences? I wonder how many of them actually used an illegal gun in the commission of a crime? I'll bet there were a lot in just the last year, let alone the last 5 or 10.

Philly.com : Family: New Jersey man serving 7 years for guns he owned legally

This is just plain wrong but yet another example of the police state that America is becoming. So what about our constitution and the 2nd amendment. Screw individual freedom and liberty.

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
That article was kind of hard to follow, but if I understand it correctly, he's not serving time for owning guns, just illegally transporting them.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It is hard to follow, but even if it was for illegally transporting them, this is disgusting. You're right, SS, there was even a child molester in Jersey that got probation just a couple of years ago. Touch a kid and you get a chance, keep an unloaded gun in your car and your locked away for a long time....the stupidity of these gun laws is mind-numbing.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
A travesty indeed. I know this is going to offend many around here but this is how I feel, kill a child in the womb, a right not specifically protected in the Constitution, and you're just exercising your rights. Keep a gun in your car legally, a right specifically protected by the Constitution, and you're a criminal. This country is going batshit insane.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
A travesty indeed. I know this is going to offend many around here but this is how I feel, kill a child in the womb, a right not specifically protected in the Constitution, and you're just exercising your rights. Keep a gun in your car legally, a right specifically protected by the Constitution, and you're a criminal. This country is going batshit insane.

I agree this is very extreme he must serve 7 years, but to be correct he did in fact have the guns, bullets and magazines Illegally in his car according to this New Jersey State Law. The fact the 2 states have different laws concerning gun control is not New Jersey's problem, it is the problem of the gun owner and his responsibility as a gun owner to be clear and within the laws. Just as if I were to take a gun from Parnu to Tallinn (both in Estonia), in Parnu guns are allowed to be owned and carried with much background checks and permits, but in Tallinn guns may ONLY be carried by law enforcement/military legally, and yes, this similar example I gave has happened here before with similar results.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree this is very extreme he must serve 7 years, but to be correct he did in fact have the guns, bullets and magazines Illegally in his car according to this New Jersey State Law. The fact the 2 states have different laws concerning gun control is not New Jersey's problem, it is the problem of the gun owner and his responsibility as a gun owner to be clear and within the laws. Just as if I were to take a gun from Parnu to Tallinn (both in Estonia), in Parnu guns are allowed to be owned and carried with much background checks and permits, but in Tallinn guns may ONLY be carried by law enforcement legally, and yes, this similar example I gave has happened here before with similar results.
He was transporting those guns from one residence to another, an exception to the law the jury wasn't allowed to consider.

The point I'm making though is those laws are too restrictive to begin with, in my opinion, and violate the Second Amendment. Nevertheless, he was moving them, something he is allowed to do.

I picked up my deer rifle from my dad's house last night and brought it back to my house, I'm just glad a cop didn't pull me over and arrest me being the hardened criminal I was last night.

EDIT: I live in Texas, not Jersey, I'm just being a smartass in my last statement.

Last edited:

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
He was transporting those guns from one residence to another, an exception to the law the jury wasn't allowed to consider.

The point I'm making though is those laws are too restrictive to begin with, in my opinion, and violate the Second Amendment. Nevertheless, he was moving them, something he is allowed to do.

I picked up my deer rifle from my dad's house last night and brought it back to my house, I'm just glad a cop didn't pull me over and arrest me being the hardened criminal I was last night.

EDIT: I live in Texas, not Jersey, I'm just being a smartass in my last statement.
"the entrepreneur and media consultant, now 27, had moved back home to New Jersey from Colorado toward the end of 2008 to be closer to their young son. In between jobs, his well-oiled life was running ragged, and on Jan. 2, 2009, when his ex canceled his visit with their son, he became distraught, muttered something to his mother, and left his parents' home in Mount Laurel, N.J."

Yes from one place to another IN NEW JERSEY, he had lived there for a while, I do not understand your point.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
It is hard to follow, but even if it was for illegally transporting them, this is disgusting. You're right, SS, there was even a child molester in Jersey that got probation just a couple of years ago. Touch a kid and you get a chance, keep an unloaded gun in your car and your locked away for a long time....the stupidity of these gun laws is mind-numbing.
From what I can piece together from the 2 articles, the judge refused to allow exemptions to be read in the Brian Aitken's case and in a separate case let a police officer go that was sexually intimate with cows. unbelievable.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
"the entrepreneur and media consultant, now 27, had moved back home to New Jersey from Colorado toward the end of 2008 to be closer to their young son. In between jobs, his well-oiled life was running ragged, and on Jan. 2, 2009, when his ex canceled his visit with their son, he became distraught, muttered something to his mother, and left his parents' home in Mount Laurel, N.J."

Yes from one place to another IN NEW JERSEY, he had lived there for a while, I do not understand your point.
It doesn't matter if it's in one place in Jersey to another. My point is the law in Jersey violates the Second Amendment to begin with. He is now a criminal for doing what the Constitution allows him to do. That's my point.