• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Man found dead had 1,200 weapons,thought he was a spy

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Authorities’ tentative conclusion is that Jeffrey Alan Lash was a rich eccentric so caught up in his make-believe world of spying that his fiancee believed it, too
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/23/jeffrey-alan-lash-firearms-spy

This is the strangest story I've ever read. He had his fiancee so convinced he was a secret government operative she left his body in a car for his minders to take care of like he told her to do, where it spent two weeks. Then there's his stash of weapons, no wonder she believed him. I wonder if this guy even knew what reality was or how he acquired all his money. No one seems sure how he did that or what he did.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Anybody that likes raw filet mignon has serious issues. Well unless he didnt have any teeth. Its a lot like venison (deer). It doesnt have any flavor except the flavors you add if you cook it.

But yeah he probaly was a serious nutjob If he was a spy and died then the agency would be all over that and he wouldnt be rotting in a car.
Also spies dont need tons of guns and especially in their houses. Maybe one gun for protection or a rifle to take somebody out. Mostly spies just gather information or disseminate misinformation. And keeping explosives in a condo would not be allowed.

Also he would never let the neighbors know he was a spy. Thats just so totally over the top! Spies can be taken out if the wrong people find out who they are. That was also mentioned a lot at Mannings trial.

Well if he liked filet mignon then he probaly liked foie gras from geese. Bleh! Thats really gross too!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
What I would like to know is where he got all that money to buy these weapons and cars. He had 12 cars, one worth about $100,000. He spent at least half a million on his weapons, possibly double that estimate and his condo last sold in 1991 for $440,000. No one knows what he did or if he did anything. Maybe he was a spy at one time and when he started losing his mind they cut him loose.