• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Man fired for not wearing 666 sticker

Dragon

V.I.P.
A man got fired from his job because he refused to wear a sticker that had the numbers 666 on it. He is a religious person and did not want to put on the sticker. The company had 666 days without and accident and wanted their employees to wear the stickers. Would he still got fired if he wore the sticker upside down so that it could be 999 instead?

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Ha, he should have just worn it. He was being overly superstitious. But I do admit firing him just over that is a bit extreme.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I think that the organisation did not behave in an ethical and social responsible behavior as they have to keep up with the employee's beliefs. I support the man for not wearing the number, I myself wouldn't wear it either.

2010Dolby

Registered Member
Im surprised this hasn't been a lawsuit yet. Surely he can claim it to be religious discrimination. Ill have to keep an eye on the news for when this thing blows up in the courts

Dekzper

Registered Member
It's a serious breech of Freedom of Religion. I hope this gets tons of publicity cause the country needs to know that Berry Plastics corporation has zero respect for this nation and it's ideals.

I don't see that advertising the corporation's reputation is the responsibility of factory workers anyway. That's what the PR peeps get paid so much to do and people are NOT ad signs.

I'll def be watching this. If Billy Hyatt doesn't win, I'll be doing a ton more posting about this issue.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I couldn't watch the video, so I don't know the details.

But if this happened in the US, that's definite grounds for a lawsuit.

Thing is, I can't think of any conceivable reason to specifically celebrate 666 days unless either a) they also celebrated 111, 222, 333, 444, and 555 days (not to mention 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 - plus any other more normal milestones).

Cube

Registered Member
That is terrible, If I was still a religious person I wouldn't of worn it either. I agree that there should be a lawsuit. Please keep us updated.

Blur

iPimp
I couldn't watch the video, so I don't know the details.

But if this happened in the US, that's definite grounds for a lawsuit.

Thing is, I can't think of any conceivable reason to specifically celebrate 666 days unless either a) they also celebrated 111, 222, 333, 444, and 555 days (not to mention 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 - plus any other more normal milestones).
Exactly...why the fuck would they celebrate 666 days of anything, except if they were doin it cause it was funny to them

in which case he shouldnt have gotten fired for not participating in their silly fun

i bet they more or less fired him because the day caused his true colors as a religious person (not a bad thing but yea) to show, and so they were like, "fuck this nutjob"

Dekzper

Registered Member
Well, I'm sure the tags cost nothing to make and were given to the employees by an angel. If not, then the price of the stoopid tags will affect the price of something.

The intelligence of the PR staff at Berry Plastics corporation could be measured in nanometers. They've risked a legit lawsuit, possibly having to re-hire him, and not to mention that if he is re-hired, the publicity would easily shield him from ever being fired.
They did all that - not because he's a bad employee - because his religion won't let him wear a stoopid tag for ONE day. Wtf???? I thought I'd seen stoopid before but Berry Plastics is waaaaay past that...

Anyway, here's a youtube link to the story for anyone who wants to do youtube comments on it:

Man Fired For Refusing To Wear The Number 666 - YouTube

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Ha, he should have just worn it. He was being overly superstitious. But I do admit firing him just over that is a bit extreme.
I think he asked for a day off during that day. Then they suspended him and eventually fired him. I think firing him was over the top even if I think he's also overreacting about the number sticker. He had sense at least to ask a day off...

@Wade, as I believe it's a countdown they do everyday. So it's not really a 666 celebration but every day they wear a sticker of number of safety days they passed...this just happened to be the 666th day. If I were the dude, he could have had an accident the day before so it's reset to 0 hahahha. I remember in Intel we had this safety countdown. It's nice when the days reach hundreds...makes you feel happy for everyone.