• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Man faked coma for 2 years to avoid court

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A British fraudster who pretended to be quadriplegic and sometimes comatose for two years to avoid prosecution has been convicted after police caught him on camera driving and strolling around supermarkets.

UK man faked coma for 2 years to avoid court - Yahoo News
I'm glad he took a stroll around the supermarket and was caught on camera. Can't stand people like this and hope he gets twice as much time for doing this. However I don't see how he was able to fool the hospitals. Looks like they would have caught on to this.

I have only one thing to say to the wife, this is a hell of your own making. So don't blame anyone but yourself and your husband if he did steal that money from that old man.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Surveillance cams FTW! It will be hell for that woman when she has to get a job while he is in prison. They both needa pay for stealing from someone thats defenseless. That just really bites hardcore.

dDave

V.I.P.
Yeah, that's ridiculous.

Honestly, this is the very first time I've heard of a case like this. You'd think that the police would investigate when they claimed quadriplegic and/or comatose state after the crime. It's a really easy to medically test comatose and quadriplegia. There can't be that many cases like this.

I'll bet that in the future this will be something they watch out for.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The railroad is always getting people claiming back injuries when they had nothing wrong with them except getting dollar signs in their eyes. If you are going to do that don't be working on your house or getting up out of your wheelchair and walking around because they will get a picture of you. They will hire someone to follow you around. I'm surprised this guys story wasn't looked into more.