• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Man Dies After Three Days Online

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
BEIJING (Sept. 17) - A man in southern China appears to have died of exhaustion after a three-day Internet gaming binge , state media said Monday.

The 30-year-old man fainted at a cybercafe in the city of Guangzhou on Saturday afternoon after he ha been playing games online for three days, the Beijing News reported.

Paramedics tried to revive him but failed and he was declared dead at the cafe, it said. The paper said that he may have died from exhaustion brought on by too many hours on the Internet.

The report did not say what the man, whose name was not given, was playing.

The report said that about 100 other Web surfers "left the cafe in fear after witnessing the man's death."

China has 140 million Internet users, second only to the United States. It is one of the world's biggest markets for online games, with tens of millions of players, many of whom hunker down for hours in front of PCs in public Internet cafes.

Several cities have clinics to treat what psychiatrists have dubbed "Internet addiction" in users, many of them children and teenagers, who play online games or surf the Web for days at a time.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/man-di...e/20070917092609990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

This sounds familiar.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I think a korean or a japanese person died last year after practically living in the cafe.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I used stories like these in my speech earlier this year. Some Korean guy died after 50 hours. He was playing Everquest or something of the sort.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Note to myself:

Never do something stupid as that guy. 2 hours on the internet per day is good enough.

Kyo_Muramasa

Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n
As long as you pace yourself while your online you should be fine. Take a break maybe for like 4-5 hours at a time and then get back on, your eyes have got to rest and your brain must relax....go watch T.V or something.

When I was like 2 yrs. younger I use to be glued to the computer, with my guardians on my back about all the time. THEN I learned to pace myself, I can still enjoy my computer time without over doing it.

This man I deem idiotic, I'm sorry, but if he died from that then he should of had better common sense. But may he R.I.P:sad:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I always was on the computer last year, 24/7 during the holidays, but these days. I am hardy on.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Im on alot. Probably on and off several hours a day. I watch all my anime and tv shows on here. And if im not on my computer im usually on my 360 or in the weight room. Or out.

D

DLFerguson

Wasn't there a woman who died here in America not too long ago from dehydration due to playing Everquest?