Man can see the future?

Discussion in 'Science & History' started by Bananas, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

This article gets really interesting about half-way through. I wonder if apprehension is controlled by forces not known to us? I hope you enjoy the article as much as I did.

Is this REALLY proof that man can see into the future?| News | This is London

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
    SuiGeneris likes this.

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

There's a theory that that's what the phenomenon of deja vu is all about

very interesting. thanks for posting that

SuiGeneris likes this.
  3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Very intriguing and quite creepy at the same time.

SuiGeneris likes this.
  4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I love reading things like this, thanks for posting it. It's spooky to think about but still believable.
    There are a lot of times that I make a decision based on a 'gut-feeling' and it almost always turns out to be the right choice. If only it worked with the lottery dammit.

SuiGeneris likes this.
  5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I have always believed this to be true. :nod: All of us have sixth sense but some are just more honed (?) than others.

However, I also think that for "after the fact" memories of what they felt before, a lot of people just make desperate connections in order to say that they have felt something that warned them of what will happen. I notice this during funerals. Everybody talks about having a sense that x will happen with just about anything that they felt before the person's death (even a fleeting memory of the person). Had the person lived, they would still have felt the same things but not attribute it to some kind of sixth sense feeling about the future.

6. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Everyday I predict that the sun will rise the next, and so far my psychic powers have not failed me. Of course, my "psychic powers" are the result of standard pattern recognition, and not overly mysterious. It is more likely that the we pick up on, and react according to subtle, complex, and unreportable patterns; than that the arrow of time is some conjurer's trick performed in a mythical Cartesian theater.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  7. Clear_Note

Clear_Note Demon King/Sith Warrior

This is really interesting, however, predicting the future is kinda far-fetched. A bad feeling, maybe, but a slight foreshadowing at most.

Doc likes this.
  8. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

This has intrigued me immensely, thank you very much for posting this. I've always wondered about the full potential of a human being.

SuiGeneris likes this.
  9. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I mentioned in the thread below my opinion about how time is a human concept.
    http://www.generalforum.com/philosophy-psychology/existentialism-vs-destiny-38780-page2.html
    So to add to that I'd like to say that accroding to this article it seems to me that because time is a human concept it can be by passed and allow us to "see" into the future.

10. ComicFitz

ComicFitz Registered Member

I really enjoyed this theory and believe it to be true to a point. However, the above qoute should not be used to help support this theory. The planes weren't carrying that many people for the same reason the hijackers picked those flights, fewer people fly in the early morning. With fewer people on the plane, the less likely they are to gang up and fight the hijackers.

I stated in a thread earlier about "do you have a special talent or gift" or something like that and I mentioned I'm sometimes able to see the outcome of a game before it ends. What I didn't mention was that there are times when I'm people watching and someone will stand out and I'll watch just them and something will happen to them. Many times they would either trip or drop something they were holding, but there were times it wasn't that simple.
    For instance, when I was 13, in Paris, I was walking with my family when I noticed a guy riding a bike and I felt like I had to keep watching, just then he was stuck by a car, what I remember the most was his ribs sticking out of his chest---yes, he died.
    Also, while still in Paris, we went to the eiffel tower, while on the 2nd level my family and I were checking out the view. Just then I felt like I should look up, that's when I noticed someone jumping off the top of the tower, his body hit the fence on our level and then bounced off that and fell to the lower level---yes, he died.

There is more, but I like those 2 stories the most

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008