Mamma Mia

Did you like it better as a movie or musical?

• Total voters

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I put this in theatre because I liked it better as a musical. I loved it so much. The movie just didn't do justice. I had so much fun with this show.

So how about you? Do you like it better in theatre or as a movie? What did you think of it overall either way?

Iris

rainbow 11!
I haven't seen it in the threatre, but I hate the movie so much, so I would imagine it's better in the threatre.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I saw it in the theatre in London. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it because I hate musicals, but I have to admit I had a great time. Gotta love all the ABBA music. I have no desire to see the movie. I'm pretty sure it could never live up to the theatre.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I haven't seen the movie, but I begrudgingly saw it in theatre and I must say I had a great time. I didn't expect it to be nearly as funny as it was. Even my "hardcore" boyfriend enjoyed it lol. It just has a cute story line and it is full of laughs, so I would recommend it to most anyone.

I bet the theatre version is miles better than the movie. Funnily enough I watched it for the first time last night, well 'watched'.. I had to turn it off after about 20 mins :rolleyes:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I only saw the movie and I was disappointed. I suppose I should look into watching the theatre version instead. After all, I love ABBA's music.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I watched the movie on Christmas day, I got it as a present for my mum. I haven't see then musical, so I wouldn't be able to compare, but I think the movie was alright. It's not something I would go to the cinema to watch or that I would buy for myself though.

Last edited:

Blaze

Registered Member
I was going to make a thread on this but obviously there's no point now -

Mama mia on the theatre is FANTASTIC!!! I saw it at the Prince of Wales Theatre and it was breathtaking, honestly, the film cannot compare.