• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mamma Mia

Did you like it better as a movie or musical?

• Total voters

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I put this in theatre because I liked it better as a musical. I loved it so much. The movie just didn't do justice. I had so much fun with this show.

So how about you? Do you like it better in theatre or as a movie? What did you think of it overall either way?

Iris

rainbow 11!
I haven't seen it in the threatre, but I hate the movie so much, so I would imagine it's better in the threatre.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I saw it in the theatre in London. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it because I hate musicals, but I have to admit I had a great time. Gotta love all the ABBA music. I have no desire to see the movie. I'm pretty sure it could never live up to the theatre.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I haven't seen the movie, but I begrudgingly saw it in theatre and I must say I had a great time. I didn't expect it to be nearly as funny as it was. Even my "hardcore" boyfriend enjoyed it lol. It just has a cute story line and it is full of laughs, so I would recommend it to most anyone.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I bet the theatre version is miles better than the movie. Funnily enough I watched it for the first time last night, well 'watched'.. I had to turn it off after about 20 mins :rolleyes:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I only saw the movie and I was disappointed. I suppose I should look into watching the theatre version instead. After all, I love ABBA's music.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I watched the movie on Christmas day, I got it as a present for my mum. I haven't see then musical, so I wouldn't be able to compare, but I think the movie was alright. It's not something I would go to the cinema to watch or that I would buy for myself though.

Last edited:

Blaze

Registered Member
I was going to make a thread on this but obviously there's no point now -

Mama mia on the theatre is FANTASTIC!!! I saw it at the Prince of Wales Theatre and it was breathtaking, honestly, the film cannot compare.