Making the most of $200,000

I noticed this forum was for "non money" issues, but I wasn't sure where to post this! It doesn't quite fit in any of the other areas as it's fairly vague in that sense.

Basically, I'm relatively clueless at this point and I'm trying to figure out how to make the most of roughly $200,000. I have a few ideas about possible directions to take...

- Flipping houses
- Building and selling houses
- Buying and renting properties

But, I really don't know yet. All I know is that I'm not as much interested in long term as making the most of it as possible in the short term.

Ideas, possibilities? What would you do if you suddenly had a free $200,000 to work with? :)

Last edited:
Hmmmm, now if you'd said long-term I would have suggested the purchase of tax certificates. They can return 18% or more, but sometimes you have to be reeeeeeaaaaaal patient. In fact, if your real patient you might even wind up with some property for the exercise of the virtue of patience.

I noticed this forum was for "non money" issues, but I wasn't sure where to post this! It doesn't quite fit in any of the other areas as it's fairly vague in that sense.

Basically, I'm relatively clueless at this point and I'm trying to figure out how to make the most of roughly $200,000. I have a few ideas about possible directions to take...

- Flipping houses
- Building and selling houses
- Buying and renting properties

But, I really don't know yet. All I know is that I'm not as much interested in long term as making the most of it as possible in the short term.

Ideas, possibilities? What would you do if you suddenly had a free $200,000 to work with? :)
try finding a good company that you can diversify your funds with.
Real estate is good though.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you want a less hands on approach, I would definitely find a good invetment firm and let them invest it for you.

I'd put 25% in higher risk investments if it was my money, and keep the rest in more moderate and "safer" investments.

You'd be amazed at how fast $50,000 can double and triple in a few days of day trading...

I'm a bit of a dangerous investor though, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Definitely talk to an investment firm though. They can give you some solid information about different investments that they work with.