• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

making the first move

redroses

Registered Member
when it comes to the opposite sex (or same sex) do you normally wait for them to make the first move or do you prefer to make the first move?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm notorious to make the first move and pretty early too, even if I don't know the person. I'll just go in there and see what happens, if she accepts then that's good, if she pulls her head back, then I'll just say sorry. It's never been a big deal for me. But I must admit, it's more fun when the girl makes the first move.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I've never been one to make the first move. I always wait for the other person to do that. Also, if the girl makes the first move, usually she's considered as easy.
I don't think I want to give this impression to anyone.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've never been one to make the first move. I always wait for the other person to do that. Also, if the girl makes the first move, usually she's considered as easy.
I don't think I want to give this impression to anyone.
Sorry, but I don't believe that to be true, and no girls should think that way. I respect girls that make the first move and I never understood why the guy always as to make the first move. It should be equal on both sides if you ask me.

I would never think less of you or any girls on these forums if they make the first move on a guy.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm 50/50 on this but I usually set the tone and make the first move. It's always easier than waiting.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Sorry, but I don't believe that to be true, and no girls should think that way. I respect girls that make the first move and I never understood why the guy always as to make the first move. It should be equal on both sides if you ask me.

I would never think less of you or any girls on these forums if they make the first move on a guy.
It's a mentality and I know it's not fair.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
If I really like the person and think there's a chance of success (like hints) and the only reason nothing is moving is that the other person is shy, then I could make the first move. Other than that, I prefer the other person to make a move on me first.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm pretty shy so I really like it when the girl makes the first move, but I'm definitely open to doing it. It just depends on the situation and how confident I am at the time.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I have made the first move in the past. It doesn't really bother me to make the first move. Just because I am a girl doesn't mean I can't. And when a girl flirts with a guy, even from across the room, to lure him to make a move, I still consider that to be making the first move.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not exactly the most forward person on the planet so I'm definitely not always the type to make the first move. I really think it comes down to how comfortable I am with the specific person. I think it can go both ways.