Making One Happy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dabs, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

What makes you happy??
    What made you happy today??
    For me, on days when I wash all the bedding sheets and comforters, and slip into bed at night, and feel the comfort of a soft clean bed, it's great *smiles*
    Or the feel of a warm blanket after it just came out of a dryer, on a cold winter's night :)

2. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Mucking about with my flatmates makes me happy. We joke and laugh all the time, and say stupid things. When I'm feeling crap, they can always cheer me up.

3. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

Lots of stuff.
    Watching a good film.
    Going out on a piss up with friends.

I think the happiest I've been, was when I finished writing one of my novels. It had consumed so much of my time, to actually finish it was brilliant. That made me happier than even getting it published.

Today's happy thing was --- Erm? Don't know, I listened to 'Starfuckers Inc.' by Nine Inch Nails, it put a smile on my face. Also wrote some stuff, a project I am actually enjoying. So that too I guess. Allsorts. Life is cool. -- Oh, it's also thundering now too, I like thunder so I'm pretty happy now too. Hooray!

4. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

That's what great friends are for *smiles*
    ------

Forgive me please.......~LoL~....but I've never heard of a piss up......care to enlighten me??
    But you do sound as tho a lot is happening to make you happy....so good for you :nod:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  5. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

A 'piss-up' is a colloquial term, which means to invovle yourself in a gathering, usually of friends, and consume vast quantities of alcohol with them, and go to clubs and such things and do silly things whilst, usually, eventually, getting very sozzled and drunk... And having fond memories, or a lack of, the following day. Something like that. --- Sorry that probably made no sense. Ha.

6. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

Nothing "makes" me happy. I choose to be happy. As long as I have my wife and daughter, shelter, clothes on my back, & food in my belly it is easy to be happy. I do believe that it is a choice and that I have the power to choose happiness!

That being said, a hug and kiss from my wife and daughter, the smile on their faces, the sound of their laughter, hearing "I love you" all make me feel even better! :nod: