• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Making money

steverichards

Registered Member
As we all know its everybodys wish to make as much money as they can , but very few have mastered this art.
so i invite all who have mastered the art of making money both on-line as well as off-line.
your suggestions can make huge difference in lives of those who need the most(money-of course)
awaiting your ideas.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I've had good success with monetizing websites. One thing that is good is to ask others what they have done and then do the same if you can.

If you have a website with a PR4 or above, a decent Alexa rank, and several hundred pages minimum, I suggest using a program called Text Link Ads. I signed up with them a few days ago and have already made around $200.

Something else that I think is good advice is don't settle for a lottery ticket. Meaning, don't be happy having a chance at success. Instead, improve your product so that it stands out above the others.

9 out of 10 new websites fail. Keep that in mind. :)

darkcard

Oh you can do tons of things to make money online. One of the things I do is buy and sell domains. Just go to namecheap.com (or the like) and buy a domain that you think is good and find a place to sell it. Or buy and sell from people. You need need a website or a good place to market and sell them.

steverichards

Registered Member
Good to see your responses about making money......
i too buy domain names to sell for profits.......i believe this is great idea for a person who wants to make money by investing small amount of money and doesnt have resourses to build a web site.

Monetising the web site is also a god idea.
More suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited:

steverichards

Registered Member
Thanks for reminding me Andrew, in future i will keep this in mind.

Rohitpatel

Registered Member
Well I think Google Adsens is one of the best to earn money. I have two new blogs and I earn $15 tro $20 per week from it. You can also earn money by selling your site links. Try few Affiliate progarms too.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I have a new online business that I sort of stumbled into. I don't want to divulge the details. I will say the following: its completely legal and moral and I help alot of people every month. What I sell is not as important as how easy it is. A friend of mine in town owns a business and I buy his products at his costs and we split the profits. I am able to sell online much cheaper than anyone can buy locally. I started with $100 and some months make $1000. Anyone can do what I do (that's why I don't want to reveal what I sell). Here's a step-by-step guide for all.

1 - Find someone that sells a product in town that you think would sell online. Think outside the box. Think about things that ship cheap. Don't do books, cds, etc. Try to find something that you would never imagine.

2 - Research. Find out what the product sells for online. Learn the product.

3 - Approach the business owner with your findings. Let him study it. Your files should say, this is what it costs online, this is how many are sold on ebay, etc. Let him fill in the wholesale costs, don't ask him for the that.

4 - Get an online store. I got a domain name with a zen-cart store installed for $90/year at doteasy.com. Zen-cart is open source and is excellent.

5 - Sign up for google checkout, you can process credit card orders for free until jan 1.

6 - Sign up for google adsense and start advertising.

7 - Get a toll free #. Mine cost $10/month. It adds volumes to your credibility.

8 - Provide a good price and excellent service.

These 8 steps make take months to master. zen-cart alone may take a full month of intensive study to really get into and understand. But it can be done.

I can provide some more advice off-board and will offer further suggestions, just ask.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Quite interesting Spence. (Also speaking of stumbling into things, nice to see you found your way back here! :D)

I did this a while back by purchasing items for sale at stores and then selling then on eBay. In fact I had one guy arrange for local pickup, and we met in the parking lot of the store that I bought the item from... :D

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
There's another way to do this if you live in the right part of the country. I have found 2 websites that I really believe you can buy stuff from and resell in an online store or ebay. Believe me, this is after months of looking. One is liquidation.com and the other is alibaba.com. With liquidation, you will be buying palette loads from big retailers. I've followed the sells and things sell for cheap at liquidation. At alibaba, you buy directly from the manufacture oversees. With either of these, you need min. $1k to start. 5K or 10K would be better. I live in AK and shipping doesn't work for me. But, like I said, I looked for months and these are the only 2 I found where you I believe you could make some real coin.