Making a costume, need help

Discussion in 'Art & Creative' started by Nevyrmoore, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

The staff at the charity shop I volunteer at is going to be dressing up for Halloween, and I want to turn up as Rincewind. He looks like this-

[​IMG]

Only problem is that I don't believe I can just buy the costume, so I'm going to have to make it. When I don't have much experience in doing so. And unless I can find someone who will do it on the cheap, paying someone to do it for me isn't an option.

So, anyone have any advice on how not to cock it up?
    ------
    Oh, as a note, I'm most likely going to go for something similar to David Jason's rendition of Rincewind.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I'd probably just buy a red bathrobe, and attach homemade gold stars on it (be careful that rain doesn't ruin the stars if that might be an issue). I assume you already have a belt.

The hard part is the hat. My only thought is to find a normal, black witches hat and find some way to cover it to make it red. You've got some time - you might be able to find a red hat on e-bay.

3. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

I wish you were going to be something else....like say, Mrs. Santa Claus!!
    I went to a Halloween party one year, and made my own costume, it was Mrs. Santa Claus....it was so easy, and hey!...I won second place for creativity~

4. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

What he said.

I'd take a witch's hat and just get some red 'arts and crafts felt fabric from a store. Just slap that sucker on with some glue and I think that should hold on pretty well.