Makeup

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Nosferatu_Alucard, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

We all know it. The cosmetic industry makes millions upon millions of dollars each year selling their product to make us look better, more attractive, more the way we want to look. They're willing to use whatever resources needs and do whatever to animals and the environment to test and manufacture their products.

To girls:
    Do you wear it?

Why do you wear it?
    Does it make you feel better about yourselves?
    Do you wear it to impression anyone?
    To guys:
    What do you think about girls who wear it?
    Does it make them more attractive, less?
    Are there people who need it?
    To me, there are three kinds of people relating to make up. Those who need it desperately, those who don't need it (and look worse with it on), and those who wear it and it have no real effect on how they look.

I personally don't care if a woman wears make up. In the case of this, more is less. If I can tell they're wearing makeup from across the street, it's way to god damn much. When it comes to me and women in my relationships, I find myself more attracted to woman who don't wear makeup because it's their naturally beauty, not just how good they can paint their face.

Two recent women I've been attracted two were like this. One was absolutely beautiful, great body, but just didn't look good in make up. The other, just as good looking, would wear makeup all the time, mostly eyeliner. She looked ok with it on, but I spent the night over her house, and the next morning she looked amazing without makeup on. I asked her, "Why do you wear makeup? Do you do it to impress the guys, or does it make you feel better about yourself?" and surprisingly she said, "It makes me feel better about myself." What do you guys think a woman should wear makeup for if she ever does? Should it be for their self-esteem, to impress others, or for some other reason?

After thinking about it, I've come to this conclusion: You really don't know what a woman looks like unless you seem them in the morning with no makeup on, no hair done, no nothing (no clothes in a bonus too!). I don't know if it's just me, but I think a girl that isn't all made up; their hair natural, no makeup is the best looking woman.

Thoughts?

2. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

Um It's not looks it's the personality

§Does it make them more attractive, less?

Depends on the person

§Are there people who need it?

Um I don't think soo

And for your story

"(no clothes in a bonus too!)" Score! dude you just got laid the night before ;D
    And true "no makeup is the best looking woman."

3. Hinata

Hinata La Coquette

Please try to make some attempt to keep in line with the topic. This was starting off well but it got a little out of hand.

I will be watching this to see if it improves. If not please expect it to be closed...

4. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

I know, I know, you were waiting for this comment but:

I think it's really sad that make-up is such an obsession. I mean, really, it's just like all the magazines out today telling girls to be size 0. It's an industry that preys on people's insecurities to make money. Don't get me wrong, make up has it's purposes.

My girlfriend likes to wear make up at times, because it makes her feel pretty. I can understand that, I mean it's almost like wearing a mask I suppose, and I think that occasional make up use is fine, but when it becomes a daily ritual to swim in make up then I think it's quite depressing.

To guys:

I really don't care much about whether or not a girl wears make up. I don't see girls that wear it as sluts or insecure, and I don't think anything of girls that don't as well.
    Does it make them more attractive, less?

It depends on the girl. Sometimes they look absolutely amazing with make-up, but I'll tell you one thing. Waking up to my girlfriend is absolutely amazing, she is so beautiful when she wakes up. I think part of that comes with the fact that it's really her.

Are there people who need it?

Not need it. It's not a necessity, however, it is something people can use. I know guys and girls that use "cover-up" for acne, etc. Also, it can be good to cover up scars the girls (people) don't want to be seen.

5. ChinUp

ChinUp ¤ Breathe

I prefer a girl to use natural methods to maintain their skin & hair .. using synthetics & animal products is a cheap cop out on actually taking on board the daily self loving exercises that maintain a beautiful complexion & healthy hair ..

When I see a gal in lots of makeup & hair products .. I see lazy self loathing in action .. even periods can be easily addressed without synthetics ..

6. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

um, what? daily self loving exercises? periods addressed without synthetics.. wtf?

I wear a minimal amount of makeup every day, just enough to even out my skin tone. I don't think any more than that is necessary or flattering on anyone.

7. ChinUp

ChinUp ¤ Breathe

Jeanie .. are you unaware of alternative ways to even out your skin tone apart from synthetic products ? Think .. what activities do you know of, that cause your skin to replenish its natural glow ?

8. Jeanie

nope. but using synthetic skincare products doesn't bother me. i live a relatively healthy lifestyle, i'm not too worried about it.

9. ChinUp

ChinUp ¤ Breathe

Probably for the best .. pity your actions effect others though huh .. but hay you can just tell yourslef your not the only one right ..

10. Jeanie

what?

it's affect by the way, not effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.