• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Major WWE Name Considering Leaving The Company

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
- CM Punk has been offered a new long-term contract, but at this time he has not signed and could be leaving the company when his current contract expire sin a few months. There has been talk about the possibility for some time, but during the European tour, discussion of Punk's exit heated up. As mentioned, Punk has not signed the new offer, citing "burnout with being on for years and unhappiness with his position in the company over the last year." A WWE office source had the following to say on the situation…

"When you look at how the company brands it's characters, Punk is never among the top 5-8 names that are promoted or pushed. It's Cena, Orton, Miz, , Rey, now Alberto, etc. these days and Punk is sort of floating right under there. He didn't fit into the youth drive a few months back but he's not treated like a top veteran either. He's just there, doing his job and while everyone knows he delivers, he's never really treated like someone who does. He's never dropped the ball but we don't give it to him really, either. He's treated like a guy, but not THE guy. For a driven guy like him who's made wrestling his entire world, it's got to drive him crazy. Now, the excuse will be don't push Punk because he might be leaving, but the reality is the environment and situation is what is probably making him want to leave to begin with. Either it gets fixed or it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, just like it did when Batista walked out."
Source: 411mania

This would be a huge lost for the WWE if CM Punk decided to leave after his contract ran out. Maybe he's just saying this because he wants more money and another run at the Heavyweight title. None the less, I really hope he doesn't quit the company.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I don't see this as a permanent departure from the company, but instead more of a Jericho move, he is just way too burnt out, and needs a year off.

If this does happen, I will be upset regardless.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I agree with KSpice. I can't actually remember the last time I saw him off TV for any length of time but I am not sure I would say he is under used by any means. Sure he is not a legend in comparison to say Rock, HHH, Undertaker etc but I think he has been used and has done very well. When was the last time Kane or Show got a title shot or reign and they have been in the business a lot longer.

Its not that I am suggesting that Punk is by any means being ungrateful or up his own a**e because he is not I just think he has had a good career in WWE and has a good future still.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
When stuff like this keeps happening it should tell McMahon he needs to give these guys more a lot more rest days so they can be at full strength more often then not. He should limit the amount of house shows they do over the course of the year. I know that means less money but it has to be done.

Anyway, on CM Punk. I'll be angry if he leaves. Or sad. Or both.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
When stuff like this keeps happening it should tell McMahon he needs to give these guys more a lot more rest days so they can be at full strength more often then not. He should limit the amount of house shows they do over the course of the year. I know that means less money but it has to be done.

Anyway, on CM Punk. I'll be angry if he leaves. Or sad. Or both.
Well he was in TNA, and if he goes back... he would be the face of the company.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Well he was in TNA, and if he goes back... he would be the face of the company.
Um, I remember when CM Punk was in TNA... they didn't use him for shit back then. And I hope he doesn't go back to that third rate company.

I'd be really sad if Punk decided to leave WWE. At this point in time, he's the BEST heel in the business. If you wanna go all time, then I'd rank him in my top 5.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree that he just needs to take some time off, and unfortunately for us fans he'll probably do so when his contract is up. He's done a lot of wrestling in the last couple of years, and he just needs a break from it all. I hope, and I think he'll be back with the WWE if he doesn't re-sign after it's up.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
CM Punk is the man, and I hope that he decides to stay...his character and contribution have both been amazing over recent months, even if it didn't involve a title push (that he does deserve).

I don't know what I think...I want to see this guy wrestling. If he's not going to be happy with the WWE, I might want to see him jump ship. I remember him talking in a radio interview about how his body is banged up; he might need rest, or he might just need to keep competing while he's young.

Like I said, I want to see him wrestle...as a selfish fan I just hope that he's active somewhere and that a break or departure from wrestling doesn't happen at all.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Geez, i'm surprised it's taken CM Punk this long to feel "banged up" considering he doesn't take painkillers :p

But yeah, most likely i see it as a jericho-esque hiatus aswell. I can't see him moving from WWE to any other company. Like Bubbles said, Punk was hardly used at all in TNA and i don't see any reason whatsoever he'd be tempted to go there. The only other place i can see him wrestling is one or two shows in ROH for the fans, but it's unlikely he'd go back full time. I mean, he'd get a lot more banged up there than he would in WWE!

It's suck to have him off TV but i think a break could be the best decision he ever makes. I'm constantly disillusioned how Punk hardly ever seems to be booked as a "top guy" in WWE and i think if he takes a break, comes back in peak physical condition, when he returns he might be given a big push right off the bat and be allowed to run with it.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
CM Punk really needs a break. When you work your ass off for a long period of time you kind of get frustrated with the business that you work for, even if you are passionate about it. I don't see him going to TNA (The Nut Association). If he does, it will be a big mistake. CM Punk is if not the biggest heel in the WWE right now. CM Punk doesn't need a title for the fans to respond to his actions. I honestly think that he is tired and just needs a break. During his break maybe he will be on Dancing With the Stars. :lol: