• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Major Update On Top WWE Star Leaving (April 30, 2007)

Omega

Ω
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

As we’ve been reporting, RVD turned down WWE’s latest offer. According to sources, this appeared to be the final offer WWE was going to make. So the likeliness of RVD re-signing is very slim. His contract is rumored to expire in July. With his contract expiring, the general feeling is that there will be no non-compete clause in effect and he will be able to compete anywhere upon his departure from the company.

There has been no talk in regards to TNA signing him at this point but as time goes by things will likely change on that front.

With RVD’s possible departure from WWE, Sabu and Sandman’s future may be up in the air as well. It’s been said that Heyman and RVD, both, kept Sabu from being fired or even quitting himself. Sabu’s been on thing ice in the company for quite some time now and has been staying out of trouble for the most part.

Sandman’s days in ECW appear to be up in the air as well. RVD’s departure may result in the complete dismantle of the Originals.

We’ll have more on this as we get more information.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Can't say that I really like RVD so this move don't really do a lot for me. But then again he does bring a lot of fan support to the WWE. Hopefully he will make the right decision and stay with the WWE.

Omega

Ω
Can't say that I really like RVD so this move don't really do a lot for me. But then again he does bring a lot of fan support to the WWE. Hopefully he will make the right decision and stay with the WWE.
This is good IMO because I would love to see sabu and RVD make the jump to Tna and explode over there.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Well he does fit the bill in TNA better then in the WWE. He is not used as much here then he would be there and I think that it would be better off for his career. Plus he has been basically everywhere so why not make a visit to TNA =P

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't seen much of RVD since he left for ECW but I always liked him, he puts on a great show, he's very exciting to watch, he isn't all that good on the microphone but doesn't really need to. It will be ashame to see him leave, as well as Sabu I am a big fan of his, and he's a good friend of RVD so if he leaves I have a feeling that Sabu will follow suit.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Well RVD is a major talent but I guess it would be better for him to go to TNA. Like MJ said he does not appear much anymore since he was put on ECW and deep down I bet that he is unhappy with some of the moves that were made over the last little while.