• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mailing Letters

Dragon

V.I.P.
How do you mail a letter? Do you go to the post office, stick it in your mailbox for the mail carrier to pick up or drop it in a mailbox down the street?

I am cautious when I mail a letter so I always go to the post office and drop my letters off there. I am afraid to stick it in my mailbox because someone might be walking by and see the letter sticking out of the mailbox and steal it. Then I get a letter in the mail saying that I missed a payment on my utility bill. When the mail carrier drops off my mail, it slides into the house so I don't have to worry about anyone stealing my mail there.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
I used to use the mailbox, but these days I go to the post office to do my mailing there. I don't send as much mail as I used to so it isn't a big deal.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
On the rare occasions when I need to send mail, I drive over to the post office and stick it in the mail box there. It's only a few minutes away.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I drop it in a post box down the street or send it out with work.

It's not really possible to steal a letter from one of these:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I just stamp 'em here using the company digital stamper thingy and then I stick it in the pile with the work mail. Usually we have a runner that picks the mail up and takes it to the Post Office. The Runner lives a stones throw from the PO anyway so he doesnt mind taking it on the way home (lol he shouldnt it counts as drive time 'cause he's on an errand! :hah:)

I dont think i've ever left a letter to be shipped out in my mailbox at home, to be honest I'm not even sure how that works. I know theres a whole flag system for it but i dont trust my mail carrier.... he's weird

snowflake

Registered Member
I normally send mine at work, But if i need to send one at the weekend I'll sent it from the post box.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I pay all my bills online, so I'm never sending money through the mail. I normally drop any other mail (which is mainly netflix movies) at work for mailing. If I happen to not be at work, the post office is only a block away so I'll drop it there.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I dont send letters that often, but when I do I just write them out and then stick them in a post box (in bliss's pic)

But if i'm sending mail abroad then i have to go into the post office and get it stamped and so on...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My mother works for the Post office, so I just give it to her and she takes care of the rest. She even pays my 59 cent stamp for me as well.

Vallentina

Registered Member
I hardly mail anything anymore, but when I do I just send it from home. I never send money so I'm not worried if someone takes it.