• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mail Order Bride!

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
Someone said to me I should be a "mail order bride" for someone in the USA... No this is not something I would consider if you wonder lol.

But it made me to think and I wish to ask especially Americans, but all may answer my question.

Only 1 rule... do not cheat to look online for an answer, use only your knowledge of how you "assume" it works.

Answer this: In you opinion, how does this whole mail order bride work?

I know how this works and I even know a female who almost did this... I will let some answer this before I explain the facts you may not know.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
They ship them frozen and when they arrive the consumer thaws them out?

I've always thought they somehow con immigration by, like you said, marrying someone?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Some creepy dude with no social skills pays some "agency" a bunch of money to send some desperate girl looking to become a US citizen to marry the disgusting slob. The agency gets the money, the dude gets to meet a girl that he expects will have sex with him but has no interest in him, the girl goes to the US and gets groped by the dude that lives in some disgusting rat-hole and they make each other miserable.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
***until they inevitably get divorced and the guy lives a sad, lonely life out several thousands of dollars.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Some creepy dude with no social skills pays some "agency" a bunch of money to send some desperate girl looking to become a US citizen to marry the disgusting slob. The agency gets the money, the dude gets to meet a girl that he expects will have sex with him but has no interest in him, the girl goes to the US and gets groped by the dude that lives in some disgusting rat-hole and they make each other miserable.
ok, this is probably true most of the time. However, I know two guys in remote parts of Alaska that got mail order brides from the Philippines and both the men and the women are very happy, so its not always true. These guys are the perfect storm for mail-order bride businesses. They are Caucasian, have great jobs, aren't attracted to Native Alaskans and don't mind getting a mother-in-law with the wife. Moral of the story I guess is if you're thinking of joining a MLB company, look for white guys in Alaska.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
lol, very interesting thoughts.

But here is how the "mail order bride" works.

The woman, usually of western Europe or Russia maybe, is EMPLOYED by ABC mail order brides inc. The women are often University graduates unable to find work as little more than a bar maid. (as is typical of much of Western Europe and Russia) Unhappy with knowing "this is my life..." they have few choices left to make good money and or travel to see the world. So some in fact seek employment at these agencies. Though the mail order bride has also been known to be lies and scams, but there is in fact such a service.

The unsuspecting man in the UK, USA, Australia, all over the world find and pay for their "bride" and in the legitimate business of it the woman is "married" with a few signed documents (not legal in any country). She then goes to be with her new husband for the allotted 3 months of her travel Visa to his country, yes 3 months. Then she returns home as she must by law, usually to be sent to her next "husband" in another country, and this process continues...

The women to do this, depending on companies they work for make in USD anywhere from 4-8,000 in 3 months per client or "husband". (which in my part of the world for a female is VERY good money) also she gets to see parts of the world she would otherwise never see. To her it is her job and is not kind of "work" that attract all women lol.

The men are usually unsuspecting of much of this, until it becomes time she must go. There are many case's of the men being charged with assault, verbal abuse and a long list of other charges with these women once they find out they paid 10-20,000 for a 3 month fake bride, plus must provide for her stay, if they stay.

My older sister had friend who had accepted a job with one of these agencies, but she left the agency once she talked to many of the girls who had done this before and found how some were treated when they get to where they go. She had many chats with potential "husbands" in attempts to lure them into agreeing to contracts, but she said once she knew how this all works, she wanted no more to do with it.

Doc

V.I.P.
You're not describing a mail order bride company, you're describing a scam copany and generalizing it as a true mail order bride company. There are dozens of them that sell legit marriages.

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) reports that “…marriages arranged through [mail order bride] services would appear to have a lower divorce rate than the nation as a whole, fully 80 percent of these marriages having lasted over the years for which reports are available.” The USCIS also reports that “… mail-order bride and e-mail correspondence services result in 4,000 to 6,000 marriages between U.S. men and foreign brides each year.”
See that stat? 4,000 to 6,000 legitimate marriages int he U.S. alone. You believe that one scam company is the way the entire industry works. Here is a story I found about the legal consequences of selling false information in the U.S.

On November 18, 2004, a federal jury in Baltimore, Maryland awarded Ukrainian mail-order bride Nataliya Fox $433,500 ($341,000 of which were punitive damages) against international marriage broker Encounters International and its Russian immigrant owner, Natasha Spivack (pictured above). Spivack arranged Nataliya’s marriage to an American man with a history of violently abusing women and who, after being matched with Nataliya, abused her over the course of their marriage. The jury found the marriage broker guilty of fraud, unfair and deceptive trade practices, willful and wanton negligence, unauthorized appropriation of Ms. Fox’s name and likeness, and defamation. The jury found the mail order bride company (Natasha Spivak) liable for failing to tell Nataliya about a federal law that allows foreign nationals to escape abusive marriages without fear of automatic deportation, and for actively misleading her about her legal options. The jury also found EI (Natasha Spivak) liable for misrepresenting that it screened male clients when it did not; and publicizing Nataliya’s marriage to Mr. Fox as an EI “success” story, without her permission, even after she fled to a domestic violence shelter.

Last edited:

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I think maybe what you find Steve is "promotionals" from these Bride services? I can find nothing to say there is any completely legitimate services, at least for West Bloc Europe/Russia. But I did find interesting video maybe you should see.

YouTube - Russian Mail Order Bride Scam

Doc

V.I.P.
Do you not see what I said? I said that the one you're explaining is a scam but the mail order bride business is a legitimate business. Look at the sources in my quotes. One is an easily traceable court case and the other is a statistic from the government bureaucracy that takes care of immigration and would know exactly how things worked out.

They would only record legitimate marriages.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Also, I've already said this but I personally know people that went the MOB route and are very happy.
And their wives are both smoking hot, but that's another story. Of course maybe the ones from Russia are all scams, idk? They are from the Philippines.

Last edited: