Magic: The Gathering

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
So apparently the other thread is closed so I figured I'd start this one again.

Do you play Magic? If so, any preferences for colors, deck types, etc?

reenu

Registered Member
Good 'ol Magic The Gathering

I've collected about 2 shoeboxes of cards, but the newer blocks keep getting stronger, and I've stopped buying cards. I need to build broken decks to even hope to beat some of my friends.

Are there any cool combos with cards between and including Scourge and Time Spiral?

On another note, one of my college friends just started playing, so I should start deck building!
------
Hey thanks. :)

Migagical hand from above.

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
hahaha you're welcome.

I cant say I've ever played it. I've heard tons and tons about it. The funny thing is every time I've gone into my local comics & card shops they always ask "what are you looking for? lemme guess? Magic?!"

So apparently I fit the profile of a guy that would play Magic :hah:

But alas I never have, I've never taken the time to understand it. I find it much akin to Golf & me.... I've purposely avoided golf for so long because I knew I'd love it but I also knew it would be expensive. So I've purposely avoided Magic because I know I'll probably love it... but man I cant afford to fall in love with another hobby right now hahaha.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Dude, if we ever meet Ice, I'll teach you. But yeah, it is very addicting. Good thing though is you can usually buy a whole shoebox full of cards on ebay for like, $50.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
All the dorks used to play in the cafeteria before school. I went up to them one day to ask what the game was all about, just trying to be friendly, and they assumed I was just going to pick on them so they were rude to me.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
All the dorks used to play in the cafeteria before school. I went up to them one day to ask what the game was all about, just trying to be friendly, and they assumed I was just going to pick on them so they were rude to me.
Do you blame them? You're already calling them dorks. :lol:

I can tell you as one of those "dorks" from high school that I would have fully expected insult and mockery if someone who did not play or hung out with my group just walked over and asked about the game.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
What is the object of the game? Is it always ongoing, or do you eventually get beaten and start over? Or is it one of those collecting cards thing?

I've never played any trading card game, so I'm pretty clueless as to how it works.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
What is the object of the game? Is it always ongoing, or do you eventually get beaten and start over? Or is it one of those collecting cards thing?

I've never played any trading card game, so I'm pretty clueless as to how it works.
They can be quick, they usually only last 5-10 minutes per game. The goal is to reduce your opinions life from 20 to zero via creature attacks and spell effects.

Download the trial version of Magic: The Gathering on Xbox live, Anita. It teaches you how to play. That way you can see what I mean.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Do you blame them? You're already calling them dorks. :lol:

I can tell you as one of those "dorks" from high school that I would have fully expected insult and mockery if someone who did not play or hung out with my group just walked over and asked about the game.
I didn't call them dorks to their faces. In fact I was always nice. I think dorks just tend to not like people who aren't one of them. Like they don't trust them. "I'm a dork, why is this person talking to me? It must be some kind of joke."

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
They can be quick, they usually only last 5-10 minutes per game. The goal is to reduce your opinions life from 20 to zero via creature attacks and spell effects.

Download the trial version of Magic: The Gathering on Xbox live, Anita. It teaches you how to play. That way you can see what I mean.
I keep envisioning a game setup like War.