• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Magic: The Gathering

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Have you played this game? If you have, describe your deck.

I played a Green/Black deck with zombies and wurms/apes with trample.

Kaz

Turbo

Registered Member
i started a year ago and stopped. i'm gonna start again and have my store owner help me build up my deck. hopefully blue/white.

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
I used to play, back in the days of Saga and such... I can't stand these new sets though, they even changed the format of the cards to make them incredibly ugly. I used to have a killer red burn deck.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
I liked the game, and usually play with 7th and 8th edition, along with some others. Primarily I just search older packs for great cards. Invasion and the artifact one (Foundation, correct me if I'm wrong) have just made Magic too much about their editions alone.

However, I also deal in type-negation cards. You have lot of artifacts or something else? I've got cards that can blow it away.

If you have a lot of friends that are addicted but not really that smart, buy a really good card and trade. For a seven dollar Scion of Darkness I was able to get a ton of good cards to make up a deck with.

Otherwise, look for people quitting the game or switching deck types. I've been able to score free cards and mana for it.

Kaz

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I don't think I have enough money to play this. I kind of want to try it, but I'm afraid of getting addicted and losing all my money towards it.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
The key is to get to know some people that play. Because of the vast amount of cards, there really isn't much in terms of actual buying you need. I met some people at a summer camp a few years ago that played it, and I took a base deck and soon had a whole feast of good cards.

I missed a grand chance with a friend who had a briefcase full of them, could have bought them all for fifty bucks and had a great deck and enough cards to trade for the rest of playing days with. But he sold them :'(.

Kaz

Turbo

Registered Member
I started a year ago and half my cards are useless in the format change coming in a few weeks. the owner at the store i guy to looked at the deck i had and half of it is outdated in a few weeks.

i'm gonna bring my deck and all the cards i got outta packs and bring them since he offered to help me rebuild. hopefully i can trade with the store and build a decent deck.

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
I started a year ago and half my cards are useless in the format change coming in a few weeks. the owner at the store i guy to looked at the deck i had and half of it is outdated in a few weeks.
No way, old cards never go out of style. Even look at the new timeshift set or whatever it's called... they're bringing back old cards with a vengeance, both in their original form (and original layout too! fuck the new layout!), and just slightly different.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
I always wanted to get into Magic but I missed out when people started. I ended up getting into Yugioh a few years later and still don't know much about Magic.