• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Magic: The Gathering

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Are there any Magic: The Gathering fans here at PopMalt?

I played it with a couple of high school buddies in an extremely casual sort of format. I'm now 34 years old, and recently some buddies from my Local Comic Shop have convinced me to jump back in. I did a pre-release for Ixalan, the newest set, and tonight will be my third Friday Night Magic draft in the last few weeks. I've been pretty terrible, but it's just been a lot of fun and that's all I really care about lol.

The game has so much more depth and strategy than I've ever thought, and I still love the original things that drew me in when I was 14-15 years old or so. The art, creativity, and fantasy theme are a lot of fun.

If you play, what format and how often are you playing? What do you think of Ixalan so far?