• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Magic making big moves

BigBob

Registered Member
Breaking News has the Magic turning the team upside down. They've traded away Vince Carter, Michael Pietrus, Marcin Gortat and a 1st round pick to the Suns for Hedo, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark.

They are now also trying to trade the Wizards Rashard Lewis in exchange for Gilbert Arenas.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They'll regret getting Hedo in my opinion, he's not the same player that he once was. This move should benifit Vince Carter, he was very limited in Orlando, and I think you'll see Vince Carter play at a higher level with Steve Nash as is point guard.

I wonder what type of role Arenas will have with Orlando. I wonder why they would want Lewis, especially since they already have a semilar player in Andray Blatche.

This was being discussed for the last month or so and it's finally happened.

BigBob

Registered Member
I feel Rashard Lewis is going to be better for the Wizard, he's a great player. He can hit threes like there's no tomorrow when he's on fire and now I feel he'll shit with Wall because now you won't have 4 three point shooters and a center on the floor. You'll have people moving around down low instead of 4 people standing behind the arc wanting the ball.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Lewis is slowly declining in my opinion, maybe he needed a new team to get his career back on track, but he's looked pretty bad this season, and the effort wasn't there. I think the only reason they took Lewis is because they needed the contracts to work, other then that I don't believe they would of traded for him.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Lewis is vastly overpaid, he really isn't that good of an all-round player. The Magic are better off without him.

And I know I'm in the minority here but I'm not that big of a fan of Vince Carter. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, but I think I'd rather have Hedo. I think this is a step up for the Magic.