• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Magic Jack - $20/year phoner service

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
magicJack

VOIP has finally been done right. I am testing a friend's MJ right now and for the most part it works like it says. I have a 320kb connection and my phone clips sometimes. My friend has a 3mb connection and the phone is perfect.

Basicly, you buy the jack, plug it in, get a phone #, plug your phone to your computer and you're done. Call anywhere for free! yes, free! Great service. This will eventually kill the phone company as we know it - which makes me sad since the phone co. is my day job!

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wonder how it compares to Skype? I always liked Skype since I started using it a year or so ago. I never did get an actual phone for it though. That would probably be a nice addition but I can do that with Skype already, plus Skype was only $15 a year for unlimited calls in and out. :)