Magic Can't Escape Shaq's Shadow

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
"No Magic fan will forget -- and some never will forgive -- what happened 10 years ago: It was the day the Magic lost Shaquille O'Neal to the Los Angeles Lakers -- and the day Orlando lost its basketball identity," reports Brian Schmitz of THE ORLANDO SENTINEL.
Click To View Article

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes they might of lost their franchise player, but still it's not like they went downhill to the bottom of the east they still made the playoffs, and they seem to have a very good roster that can make the playoffs next season, and they have a superstar in Dwight Howard I see good fortune for them pretty soon.

V

Vinsane

Vince Carter said:
Yes they might of lost their franchise player, but still it's not like they went downhill to the bottom of the east they still made the playoffs, and they seem to have a very good roster that can make the playoffs next season, and they have a superstar in Dwight Howard I see good fortune for them pretty soon.
I agree with you, and I also hope to see Magic and Dwight Howard growing in NBA

M

mattdavies_03

They have made some questionable moves, like trading Ben Wallace for Grant Hill, Trading Penny for Pat Garrity and Danny Manning, Trading Tmac for Francis and letting Shaq go, but they are on the right track now with Howard, Redick and Nelson, and should make the playoffs this season

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who saw Ben Wallace becoming an Defensive Player of the Year and a all star before he joined the Pistons? No one not even Detroit probably. Trading Penny was not that big of a deal because he hasn't done anything since he left there, and trading T-mac was a money situation. So there not to blame for that. They have a good group of young studs and should be interesting in Orlando next season/

S

scottmcgrady

Orlando are just a struggling franchise and the likes of Dwight Howard could bring them back to the becoming a playoff team.

X

Xero.Shab

First I was mad when they traded McGrady, but now Im not that disappointed. but yeah, shouldnt have let Shaq go.