magic burn down R/F

Discussion in 'Cards & Board Games' started by inufanboi, Mar 26, 2006.

1. inufanboi

inufanboi Guest

some cards need pretty desperately would be
    Tremendous fire
    Swords of revieling light
    Cannon soldier
    Scape goats
    another rapid fire magician would be nice to

Total~42

Monsters~13
    Cannon soldier
    Exiled force
    Stealth bird
    Solar flare dragon
    Solar flare dragon
    Solar flare dragon
    Lava golem
    Lava golem
    Lava golem
    Bowganian
    Bowganian
    Bowganian
    Rapid fire magician

Magic~17
    Scape goats
    Mass driver
    Tremendous fire
    Tremendous fire
    Ookazi
    Ookazi
    Ookazi
    Messenger of peace
    Messenger of peace
    Messenger of peace
    Poison of the old man
    Poison of the old man
    Poison of the old man
    Graceful charity
    Last will
    Nightmares steel cage
    Mystical space typhoon

Traps~12
    Wabaku
    Wabaku
    Cursed seal of the forbidden spell
    Cursed seal of the forbidden spell
    Just desserts
    Just desserts
    Compulsory evacuation device
    Magic cylinder
    Gravity bind
    Gravity bind
    Divine wrath

2. You might want to take these cards of the following...

- 2 Waboku
    - 1 Compulsory EvacuationDevice ( that is a GOOD card but there are better ones for this deck)

To me it looks like you have a good handle on the deck. The only thing you have to do know is just experiment with it and just try some things out and see if they should go in there.

I myself would give this deck a 8.1 / 10 since it looks like it can peel Life Points off like crazy if you get the right hand. Just keep on finding faster ways to peel of Life Points and you go yourself a nasty deck. O_O

3. yea but it leaves his deck at 39 now i think do that put add in mask of restriction just to mess with them.^^

4. Its just suggestions. Thats all its about...

5. TheHappyHobo

TheHappyHobo Guest

Take out one Lava Golem, three is overkill.  Three bowganian and only one stealth bird?  Bowganian peels off 600 a turn and Stealth bird takes off 1000 each time it is flip summoned, so put in 3 stealth birds instead of just the 1.  Take out the rapid-fire and remaining bowganian and replace them with 2 Magicians of Faith.  Hm, you know you need another Cannon Soldier and that you need a Swords of Revealing Light, so there is no point telling you to put them in.  However, when you do get the Cannon Soldier, replace Mass Driver with your new Cannon Soldier.

Put in Threatening Roar over Waboku just in case you run into Sasuke Samurai #1 or Mystic Swordsman lvl 2, they'll run under your Messenger and G-bind and rip apart your face downs.  Threatening Roar can at least protect your face down monsters for another turn, Waboku doesn't prevent Sasuke or Mystic from destroying your face down monsters.

Exiled's place in this deck is questionable, but slightly understandable.  Keep him in ONLY if you can't find something better to fit in its place, if you can't, then he'll just have to do.  I can't think of anything as of right now, it's a bit late. I'll post again later if I can think of something to take the place of Exiled.

Another issue is...the number of traps.  You seem to be trap heavy.  Take out the Evacuation Device like Shinobi said and Divine Wrath can be excluded.  It stops effects like Breaker, but the deck should be able to take the hit without Divine Wrath.

As for # of cards in the deck, I wouldn't really worry about it being exactly 40 until you get all the cards you need, and you know exactly what you want to do with the deck.  Once you do, slim it down to 40, because you'll just waste your time if you add/subtract cards from your rough draft.  Just get the cards you need/think you need and slim down the final copy to 40 cards.  I hope that makes sense, because it might come off as confusing.

My final comment is...nice deck idea with trying to burn your opponent fast with spells, just be cautious of playing out your entire hand unless you are SURE you have enough to finish your opponent.  Top-decking sucks.  Period.  It lets your opponent know you have nothing, so they won't be too hesitant about attacking or making big moves.  Just be cautious about your hand.  'Tis all.