Mafia

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Malificus, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Make the posts count. Mafia actually generates non-spammy discussion. It deserves to count O:<

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well it was moved to Sub-Talk so we could set it up in its own forum. It just made sense to not count the posts in it in the same way chat messages in the chat room and poker don't count as posts.

It's more of a game than a discussion. Plus there were a ton of really short posts in it. It seems better to not require any type of posts and just let people reply how they want in it.

3. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

So if I want to make well though out posts I should do it somewhere else?

4. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

post-count whore

It's a game. And not everyone is able to post in there. So there.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well it doesn't matter to me that much. I could go either way really. I'm just trying to do what most people will consider fair considering those who take place in mafia games will probably have a much higher recent postcount than those who aren't in it or those who are out of the game early. Not to mention those who aren't in the game at all.

Thoughts?

6. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm happy for it to continue in sub-talk it wouldn't be fair on the non players.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I kind of agree with Vega, but I also feel that posts should count.

Posts in Premium count and not everyone posts there.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

It's a game and most of the posts are pretty short. Most of my posts in there are just updating the votes. I don't think they should count.

9. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

People don't sign up for that like they do for a game. They get it by posting a lot in other sections first, so really having another section to post in doesn't give them anything they don't already have. But the Mafia game needs posts to continue and encourages spam-like stuff.

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I'm with Mal. I think the posts should count.