Madonna: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Music' started by Iris, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Should Madonna be inducted to Rock and Roll Hall? - CNN.com

Do you guys think Madonna should be put into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

I think her music is amazing, and that she definately needs to be recognized for that. But I don't think the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is the right place for it to happen. :|

2. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

The RnR HOF, sorry too much to type, is a joke. A lot of good ROCK BANDS have been eligible for years and still get overlooked. She DOES NOT belong there at all. This is why I agree with DJ Eddie Trunk that its real name should be Music Hall of Shame because its so not fair to the term Rock n Roll.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Come on she's one of the most celebrated female singers of all time, obviously she belongs in the Music Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. She's been making music for decades now, and she sold many concerts and albums. There's no doubt in my mind she belongs in there.

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I agree with you that she's extremely talented. But it's the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Turbo, I agree. It should be changed to the Music Hall of Fame.

Turbo likes this.
  5. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

If your gonna call it the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame then bands like KISS, UFO, Deep Purple, and etc better be in before Madonna should even be on a ballot to get in. Change the name or get the crap out of it and give them a Pop Music Hall of Fame.

6. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm with you, Turbo. In fact I was going to start a thread myself about it. No, she does not belong in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Slutty singers who will stop at nothing to promote themselves hall of fame, maybe. But not Rock & Roll.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

There's no point fighting it. There's a lot of inductees who aren't rock n' rollers. The contemporary definition of "rock" is so damned broad that almost anyone can get in whereas guys like you and I Turbo, see a difference between Hinder's "rock" and Metallica.

8. red_ranger

red_ranger Registered Member

I think she really is qualified for that title...

9. padd

padd Registered Member

uh.. didn't a rapper get inductesd into RnR HOF recently? :confused:

10. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Yes, Grand Master Flash.