• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Made more money than Gretzky..

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just a fun little thread.

Courtesy of capgeek, the following are players who have made more money than Wayne Gretzky:

Ziggy Palffy
Shawn Horcoff
Sheldon Souray
Bryan McCabe
Thomas Vanek

http://www.capgeek.com/career-earnings

Funny thing is Gretzky is better than all those players combined. :lol:

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I know the money in the game is different this ERA and Gretzky is the best player that ever laced up a pair of skate, but just imagine all the players who made more than Maurice Richard, Gordie Howe, Jean Beliveau ect. Guys who had a 5 year shelf life probably made more money than those guys.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
There are guys who make more in one year that they had their entire careers.

...Not if you put their money on an even field to today's money. Beliveau would not sign with Montreal because he was making more money than everyone in the NHL, except for Maurice Richard and Gordie Howe, while playing in some Quebec league. So, I guess, they were the top paid players. Who are today's top paid players? Crosby, Suter and Parise?

...Gretzky probably still makes more than most 4th line players a year. Then again, he did just get something like a $7 million pay day from the NHL after the Coyotes sale ;)

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Crypticshock said:
There are guys who make more in one year that they had their entire careers.

...Not if you put their money on an even field to today's money. Beliveau would not sign with Montreal because he was making more money than everyone in the NHL, except for Maurice Richard and Gordie Howe, while playing in some Quebec league. So, I guess, they were the top paid players. Who are today's top paid players? Crosby, Suter and Parise?

...Gretzky probably still makes more than most 4th line players a year. Then again, he did just get something like a $7 million pay day from the NHL after the Coyotes sale ;)
It should've been more if he charged interest. How the NHL allowed this to happen still boggles my mind.