• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

madden

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The Madden series is definitely popular, and there have been some great games, but overall I'd say no. Every year it's pretty much the same game as the previous year but with updated rosters, small gameplay tweaks, and some gimmicky feature that they can put on the back of the box which usually ends up sucking ass.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't like the Madden games at all. I've always been a fan of the NFL (later, ESPN) 2k series, and I'm really dissappointed that they don't make that series anymore. It angers the fat man.

The game was trying to be more than just a football game.. and all I want out of my football game is a good franchise mode, a well-done season mode, and fun creata-a types. That's all I need for a football game, other than some old school/beast unlockable teams.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Supposedly there's no franchise mode in any of the new EA sports games for Xbox 360. Isn't that retarded? Next year they'll advertise their "All New Franchise Mode" on the back of the box as if it's revolutionary.

Doc

V.I.P.

I hate it when they only direct games to certain types of players, and not the general group of games that would best enjoy the game.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
Supposedly there's no franchise mode in any of the new EA sports games for Xbox 360. Isn't that retarded? Next year they'll advertise their "All New Franchise Mode" on the back of the box as if it's revolutionary.
That is lame, and the lamer part is that it is 10dollars more than the console ver.

Doc

V.I.P.
They're all on console, Laura. That's what we're talking about here. If franchise is missing from the 360, then it's missing from the other versions, too. The reason for the $60 price tag on new games is that Microsoft is starting to drive up a pricng system that we've had in place for years now. We're going to have to wait unitl Revo and PS3 before we can really judge wether games are going to stay at $60 new and an insane price for consoles.

Pianobone

Registered Member
I like Madden games, but I dislike how EA has cornered the market. They bought the rights to all football licenses for the next few years.

One thing about Madden is that they seemed to emphasize gameplay over graphics, which I liked. I like the more "realistic" AI and things in Madden, but if I want to impress my friends over my Xbox's graphical ability, I'll put in something like NFL 2k or even a racing game like Project Gotham.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
ScubaSteve said:
They're all on console, Laura. That's what we're talking about here. If franchise is missing from the 360, then it's missing from the other versions, too. QUOTE]
Are you sure? I think he was saying that supposedly all Franchises for games for the Xbox 360 games were not included.

But still, if it is missing on any console then it is just a rip off. I really do enjoy madden but have not playd it since Madden 2004. I have been meaning to pick up a copy. Has anyone playd that Blitz the League? I heard that is pretty good.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The '06 EA games on Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube all have franchise modes. It's just the 360 that doesn't have them. There's really no excuse for it. There's no way they should be able to charge full price for those games.