Madden Curse

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Matriqulated, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

OK, so my thinking was that the Bret Favre featured cover was supposed to bring a close to the curse because of his retirement. Well as you all know he didn't retire, but I picked up the game the other day and just realized that they put a Jets uni-cover in my bag so that I could slide it into the case. Does the double cover versions confuse the football Gods enough to give Bret Favre a pass this year? Does it now double the impact of any bad luck? Do they cancel each other out?
    Or Does John Maddens praise of #4 give him a pass no matter what team what uniform and the Curse will return with a vengeance in 2010.
    Thoughts and/or predictions.
    Madden Curse from Wiki for those who have been under a rock the past 5 to 9 years.
    Time is yours.

2. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

Unless you consider getting traded to the Jets as being this years Madden curse, I don't know if it will. It will be interesting to see how the season plays out and if the streak continues.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Brett Favre is Peter Pan, remember? He doesn't age...much.

4. Matriqulated

Well, that's the thing about it, I don't see being traded to the Jets as bad luck because I don't believe them to be a completely bad team. The missing link there has been QB for awhile and they just made some serious off-season moves. Bret Favre has a starting streak to protect, I'm starting to think that will e the price he has to pay, but nothing season ending.

He's been talking about being fatigued a lot. I think not reporting to OTA's really set him back and he might not make all 16 regular season games. Trying to debate his draft value as I type this here.

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

He's been fatigued a lot because he has to keep running the east coast routes and get them down pat before the actual season starts. Remember he hasn't run any east coast routes since his college years. It's a whole new learning curve. He's probably up late studying the routes.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I personally don't believe in the Madden Curse, so I don't think that Favre will be cursed after being put on the cover. I think he's going to have a great season.

Also it's understandable that his arm gets fatigued, he's getting up there in age, and he's just started to throw, so I'm sure by the season starts the fatigue will be gone.

7. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

Who is the Jets backup QB? Bet he hopes the curse isnt so.

8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

How can you not believe in the madden curse.

Nearly every player aside from Eddie George has had a terrible season the year they are on the cover of madden. Usually it ends in Injury or a terrible performance.

Eddie George's career ended the following year he was on the cover...his was delayed.

9. Matriqulated

I also hear people specify every "offensive player" gets injured after Eddie George, but Ray Lewis suffered from a wrist injury that season it just didn't sideline him. The numbers for Lewis were the worst of his career anyway, but my point being that EVERY player outside of the 1st one on the cover has been hurt during that season.

10. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

East coast routes? The Jets run a West Coast offense.

I don't think the Madden curse is real, honestly. Favre will be fine this season as long as his offensive line holds up. He's mobile for a guy of his size and age.