Macromedia is now officially Adobe

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Mirage, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It looks like Adobe is going to be taking over the Macromedia name and calling future products Adobe, instead of the former.

http://macromedia.com/

It refers to the company name as "Formerly Macromedia."

I think this was a stupid move on Adobe's part. Macromedia always had better products from what I've seen. I think they are going to confuse customers now with this name change.

As a long time user of Macromedia products and software, I find it unfortunate that this company name is no longer even in use.

:(

2. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

I've never used Macromedia products, but my understanding is that they have excellent products.

Adobe, on the other hand, have had average products.

It just doesn't make sense to me that they would want to take away the Macromedia name when it has such a good reputation.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

The only Adobe products that I have used are Acrobat, Acrobat Reader, PhotoShop, and Image Ready (more of a compliment to photoshop than a standalone product). I liked them all fine, but they also have an entire web suite for create flash videos, webpages, etc. It's comparable to Macromedia Studio MX, but if I had to pick one over the other I'd go with MX.

I hope MX will still be supported and updated, because it costs me a pretty penny last year! :sick:

4. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

Well if you have ever used a flash program, then you have probably used something from macromedia. That is the flash player that is the most frequently downloaded to read flash programs.