MacBook or NoteBook?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by merob, Jan 23, 2008.

1. merob

merob Boom!

I'm on my way to college. I enjoy the smoothness when I run Mac programs. In fact I think owning a mac is way better when it comes to work ethics, and they offer great student payment plans I'm sure. However, there is a certain amount of deeper satisfaction I gain from owning a PC package. I'm really considering a xg6000.
    I love the casing and the price isn't bad. Don't see anything about a student plan, but lets put the budget aside. What do you guys think is more convenient for my schooling?

2. mist3r_j3sus

mist3r_j3sus Registered Member

I just picked up a Macbook Pro 2 weeks ago and I am loving it for the most part. The only annoying part is the one dead pixel on the left hand side of the screen... I own several Macs and I think you can't go wrong by sticking with what you love...

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

that computer that you are considering to buy sure costs a lot for what you get, I have seen tons of better deals for cheaper and it's a better computer.

I prefer notebooks but hey i haven't realyl used a macbook pro all that much so I don't know how I would like one of those, notebooks certainly are more familiar to me.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

A notebook will give you more bang for the buck and will be easily supported and upgraded for the future.

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

that's true steve.

macs alway cost so much to upgrade because only apple makes the parts to put in them.

I know that I kind of liek being able to upgrade my own computer choosing which pieces I want, most of the time going with a certain company for certain parts, such as PNY for ram.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

You will also find wider software support for a PC than you would for a Mac.

7. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Meh, I don't really care about what's there, XP or Mac, Note Book or MacBook what matters is that the computer is good and fast and has heaps of RAM. I've got a notebook, meh. It's alright I suppose.

8. WiigamerCRO

WiigamerCRO Registered Member

9. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

I think if your not doing anything Professional or Media Creating, the I'd get a Mac book. I have a new Mac book along with my old HP AMD 2.0, and I honestly love my Mac better even though I don't use it as often Mostly because I download things on my PC so I can keep my Mac safe. But long story short. Mac books are perfect for college chaps. There user friendly and reliable. Just be careful of the compatabillity with school computers

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, students at my school have all kinds of problems with Mac compatibility. It's because businesses just don't use Macs. Some do and the trend is rising, but at the moment, PCs are still much better at business applications.