• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Macaroni & Cheese

Dabs

Registered Member
How well do you like mac & cheese? It's a favorite for kids I know, but they say mac & cheese has become the new bacon. I seen where they have recipes for macaroni and cheese in meatloaf, as sushi, mac & cheese on top of burgers and there is even a macaroni and cheese pizza! My granddaughter has tried the mac & cheese pizza and she loves it to bits. I thought it was a bit odd when we first saw it at this pizza place that serves pizza with dozens of topping varieties. I didn't try the mac & cheese pizza, it didn't appeal to me. And I'm not too sure any of the recipes I saw using mac & cheese would be tasty to me. I think one would have to be a macaroni & cheese lover (a big one) to try it on a pizza or burger or as sushi or in a meatloaf. They even had fried mac & cheese patties, cooked mac & cheese, mixed into a patty and fried in oil. Anyone anxious to try? :lol:

laserlight

Registered Member
I really like the mac and cheese with ham bits! I havent had any on pizza but that sounds really cool too and i want to try that. It would probly taste good with bacon and peppers. =D

dDave

V.I.P.
It's one of my favorites!

About a month ago I got addicted to it and ate an entire box of it every afternoon adding extra cheese, that phase lasted for about 2 weeks and I haven't had it since. I like it with ground peppercorn on top.

Kraft is just the best and unless it's the extra creamy kind (the oven kind) then Kraft will always be the best.

I might go make some right now. :hah:

Last edited:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
It's not the new bacon. Nothing can ever be the new bacon. Except maybe mac n cheese...with bacon in it. That would be amazing. I do love me some mac n cheese though, that's for sure. I prefer it homemade with real cheeder. Kraft dinner is okay, but I had to eat so much of that as a kid, I really ain't a huge fan now.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I love mac and cheese! It's best when it's cooked with roast pumpkin bits throughout. Yummm

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I love mac and cheese! It's best when it's cooked with roast pumpkin bits throughout. Yummm
I thought you were a vegan.

I love mac & cheese. The last time I made it (from scratch, not Kraft), I used a little bit of bleu in addition to sharp cheddar and a bit of parmesan. It was quite tasty. I would never eat it any other way than just plain old mac & cheese. Which by the way is called "mac'n" at my house <3

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I thought you were a vegan.
Nope, never have been. I'm still vegetarian and have been for about 6 years now. I do eat vegan food every now and then (last night I had toast with vegan margarine and vegan cheese) but for now I never claim to be one.

I would like to eventually head that way though, but I find it too difficult in my current living situation.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I'm not sure I've ever tried it :hmm: I know it's huge in the US but I rarely see it around here. I can imagine what it tastes like... sure I must have had it before...

Anyway, I would definitely try all those things, especially the pizza one!

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
Oh yes, I love it. Especially when it is homemade and baked, not from a box or a can.

I tried a pizza with Mac & Cheese on it, and I thought it was terrible! I bet there are some out there that actually would be quite good, but this place certainly didn't do it right.

Man, Now I will be craving mac & cheese for weeks!

Dabs

Registered Member
I have never tried to make macaroni & cheese with a variety of cheeses. When I was a married person, I would make it a lot! Use elbow macaroni and Velveeta cheese as well as some cheddar. The creaminess was good. I prefer homemade over a box any day, but I don't make it that often anymore.