• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV M.a.n.t.i.s.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I just watched the premiere episodes of The Cape on Hulu, and for some reason the 1994-95 Super Hero show M.A.N.T.I.S. came to mind. It wasn't successful, but as a 12 year old at the time I enjoyed it. Apparently it was produced by Sam Raimi (didn't know that until I read the Wikipedia entry that I'm posting below).

I've always enjoyed Super Hero stuff, and having an African-American guy in a wheelchair as the Hero was pretty cool at the time! The basis was that he and a friend developed some kind of super suit to help him walk, and it ended up being great for fighting crime, lol. Mantis was the initials for the suit itself, "Mechanically Augmented Neuro Transmitter Interactive System," but it also had a bug-like appearance to it.

Did you see this short-lived series? What were your thoughts? Don't mistake my enthusiasm for thinking that the show was high-quality, I just wanted to see who remembered!

M.A.N.T.I.S. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

YouTube - [CULT TV] M.A.N.T.I.S. INTRO

YouTube - M.A.N.T.I.S. Sci-Fi superhero series mantis