Lyrics That Touch Your Soul....

Discussion in 'Music' started by Kibi, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

Okay so...

I love music I have an eclectic taste.

I'm always interested in stories behind peoples favourite lyrics and songs.

So unleash :)

I have a couple...

"I want you to notice, when I'm not around...you're so fu**ing special, I wish I was special." Creep by Radiohead

I love this because I am quite insecure and so it embodies how I felt about my ex boyfriend before we went out.

"Some might say that sunshine follows thunder
    Go and tell it to the man who cannot shine
    Some might say that we should never ponder
    On our thoughts today cos they will sway over time
    " Some Might Say - Oasis

They sing this like the world is ending, it's all in minor but the lyrics are actually really positive. For my singing exam I put the lyrics to a major track and it sounded like Gospel!

Anywho

Enjoy this thread.

Kibi xxx

2. Dekzper

Dekzper Registered Member

Creep? Awesome! There's a lot of songs that touch my soul. There's some on Arctic Monkey's new Humbug, too. But there's 3 that really stuck. Linkin Park's "Papercut", "the face inside is right beneath my skin." I think of that every time someone tries to bash me. People like that are always lookin for something ya say or do to use for ammo. And when I get stressed about adding up, I think of Sum 41's "Pieces", "I tried to be perfect but nothing was worth it, I dont believe it makes me real." Also, had a tuff time with someone, last summer and Boy in Static's "Where it Ends" reminds me about that. Kind of hurts but it never seems to work out much with someone ya want the most.

3. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Glory of Love when I listen to it, sort of makes me appreciate relationships and what not lol.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Fear now fuels the system
    Mind and machinery
    Bio machinery

- "Mind Machine"
    by Scar Symmetry

It honestly scares me.

5. Psy-cho

Psy-cho New Member

Music has always tended to touch me very deeply and it's almost impossible for me to write down every single lyric that has had some sort of profound affect on me for whatever reason. But I can give a few off the top of my head.

"Stay free my misery and hold me until the sadness fades away" - hide/Misery
    It just speaks to the fact that sometimes you just need someone to be there for you.

"Time and time again I've said that I don't care
    That I'm immune to gloom, that I'm hard through and through
    But every time it matters all my words desert me
    So anyone can hurt me... and they do" - Evita/Another Suitcase in Another Hall
    I try not to give a damn what people think and to ignore all the negativity and slander people toss my way, but in reality I wear my heart on my sleeve no matter how desperately I try not to because I'm a hugely emotional person. So it winds up being very easy to hurt me and I seem to continuously associate with people that use me and lash out at me simply because I'm the type of friend that's loyal to a fault so it's easy to hurt me and know that I'll still stick around because of whatever it is inside me that prevents me from knowing when someone's a lost cause and doesn't really care about me.

Well, there are any number of lyrics that remind me of my best friend that passed away, but I think I've just been waaaay more open than necessary so I'll leave it at that. haha

6. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

The whole song of Walking In Circles by Dead By Sunrise. It makes me reminisce bout the harder parts of my life and how i feel like i can sit a room full of people i know and still feel alone.

7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

"Mornings after
    Still lingers
    Just waking up
    I see a shadow of you
    Making breakfast for two
    I go driving
    Past our place and
    I see this girl walk by
    I smell her perfume
    For a moment I wish it was you
    I’m not gonna tell ya
    I’m not gonna say that I’m okay, no
    I’m tryin’ to get over
    I’m tryin’ to get far away from our mistakes"

Shadows- Westlife

8. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

No matter what you say about love
    I keep coming back for more
    Keep my hand in the fire
    Sooner or later, I'll get what I'm asking for

No matter what you say about life
    I learn every time I bleed
    That truth is a stranger
    Soul is in danger, I gotta let my spirit be free

9. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

The entire lyrics of Sia's Breathe Me.

Help, I have done it again
    I have been here many times before
    I hurt myself again today
    And, the worst part is there's no-one else to blame

Be my friend
    Hold me, wrap me up
    Unfold me
    I am small
    and needy
    Warm me up
    And breathe me

Ouch

I have lost myself again
    Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
    Yeah I think that I might break
    Lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Be my friend
    Hold me, wrap me up
    Unfold me
    I am small
    and needy
    Warm me up
    And breathe me

Tucker likes this.
  10. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

Oh guys some of these are amazing. Psy-cho I totally get the Another Suitcase In Another Hall it's one of my favourites, I'm a complete musical geek haha!

I'd never heard Breath Me before but now I love it! So amazing!

Jordin Sparks is amazing. I love her!

Another one I'm really loveing at the minute is Sober by Kelly Clarkson and More than Words by Extreme. Such amazing simple lyrics.

:) xxx