Luongo signs extension

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Sorry, I have to source to cite due to I'm at work. But Roberto Luongo has signed an extention for 12 years worth 64 million dollars. Good investment in my opinion for the best goalie in the NHL.

2. brtriad

brtriad New Member

12 years $5.25 mil per. Another cap circumvention like the Zetterberg, Franzen, and Hossa deals. Too bad the Canucks have no offense aside from the Sedin sisters. For people who think Burrows will be a stud: :lol:.

3. Babe_Ruth

Personally I believe Burrows is a good player, he's not an elite player but he can put the puck in the net. Also Demitra is going to rebound from last season in my opinion. I think this is a good deal because he's averaging around 5.6 million a year which is a steal for the best goalie in the NHL. I think the Canucks will be one of the best teams in the Western Conference this upcoming season.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

These hockey contracts are getting out of control

But still, that's pretty damn cheap for the best goalie in hockey.

5. Babe_Ruth

I think it's a smart investment to be honest with you. It might be a long contract, but you got to remember that if he retires before his contract is over they don't have to pay the rest of it. Luongo is 30 years old, he probably has another eight good years left in him. Just look at Brodeur turning 37 this season and he's still going strong. Luongo will probably be the same.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

It's not guaranteed money? It's that not how contracts work in the NHL?

I am really just asking because I dont know what happens when someone retires.