• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Lunar Eclipse April 15, 2014

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
It started clearing off last night before I went to bed but I missed it. I woke up in the middle of the night several times I should have looked. Hopefully next time I won't miss it.

dDave

V.I.P.
I was actually posting in another thread saying that I saw the eclipse live. Nobody else was with me so I just sat outside and stargazed by myself for a while and just generally enjoyed the awesome night.

The blood moon wasn't quite what I was expecting it to be (I was expecting it to be really intense, it wasn't) but it was still quite cool to see. It's my very first time seeing an eclipse.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I sat outside and watched it also, it was pretty cool. I did find Mars as well, I have a Skyview app on my phone and iPad, and was looking at Jupiter also. I also thought the blood moon would be more intense but it was cool nevertheless.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I checked it out a few times during the course of the eclipse, but I didn't sit there and watch it for any extended length of time. Maybe if it had been warmer outside I would have gone out there, but it was about 30 degrees. It was still pretty neat to see though.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't know it was going to happen but whenever I was outside taking out the trash I noticed the moon was ridiculously bright and the sky was visible. So I googled and sure enough, blood moon.

So I stayed up and watched it for a little bit. Was pretty cool.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I knew it was going to happen but, alas, it was cloudy that night. I'll have to wait for the next one to roll around.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The sky was clear and it was cold so we stayed up almost all night watching it. The eclipse took so long but we saw it from the start then till it came out again. It didnt look as blood red as they said it would but it was red.

dDave

V.I.P.
I knew it was going to happen but, alas, it was cloudy that night. I'll have to wait for the next one to roll around.
They happen on a somewhat strange cycle revolving around the number 4. I'm sure there's a pattern to it but it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me.

The next one is on October 8th. After that we'll get two in 2015, one on April 4th and the next on September 28th. That's a long way out.

I guess if I watch the next 3 then I'll have seen a whole eclipse cycle.

The sky was clear and it was cold so we stayed up almost all night watching it. The eclipse took so long but we saw it from the start then till it came out again. It didnt look as blood red as they said it would but it was red.
I didn't watch the WHOLE thing, that would have taken hours. I was fading by about 2am here so I went to bed.

The whole thing makes me want to star gaze a lot more often. I have to find a good spot far away from the light pollution of the city (or wait until the power goes out).