• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Lucy Lawless held with five Greenpeace activists

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Daily Mail....Actress-turned-eco-warrior Lucy Lawless has been arrested with five Greenpeace activists after the group spent four days protesting aboard an oil-drilling ship docked in New Zealand. Read More Here
I'm not sure how I feel about Arctic drilling. On one hand we need more oil but on the other I don't want to screw the planet up even more. What do you think about drilling for oil in the Arctic?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I have to admit, this makes me respect her more. I always admire people who will go out of their way to try and spread awareness, and put themselves at risk for a good cause.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I have to admit, this makes me respect her more. I always admire people who will go out of their way to try and spread awareness, and put themselves at risk for a good cause.
While I respect her more for being willing to stand up for what she believes in, doing so doesn't mean she has a well-thought-out stance. I mean, what if Michael Vick had been standing up for his belief that dog fighting is good?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
While I respect her more for being willing to stand up for what she believes in, doing so doesn't mean she has a well-thought-out stance. I mean, what if Michael Vick had been standing up for his belief that dog fighting is good?
It's a personal thing. I personally also disagree with oil drilling in Alaska and the harsh and almost irreversible damage it does to the environment. So the fact that she is standing up for that makes me admire her. If someone was going on about how good dog fighting is then I wouldn't personally agree with it, but I'm sure some people out there would respect him for it. It doesn't mean it isn't well thought out, it just means it's her stance, you can choose to agree with it or not.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Lawless, what an appropriate name.

I hope she and her associates are sued and have to pay the costs associated with their trespass and disruption of the ship's schedule and the inconvenience to the company and crew.

She did not express a single intelligent thought and appears to be yet another one of the man-made global warming sheeple who are willing to sacrifice the rights of others to impose their misguided views.

Shwa

V.I.P.
Lawless, what an appropriate name.

I hope she and her associates are sued and have to pay the costs associated with their trespass and disruption of the ship's schedule and the inconvenience to the company and crew.

She did not express a single intelligent thought and appears to be yet another one of the man-made global warming sheeple who are willing to sacrifice the rights of others to impose their misguided views.
So you're saying they should all pay for prespassing and disrupting work scheduling? What about the people who protested Wallstreet and caused such a ruckus? They only got arrested for the most part.

I'm surprised she didn't do her Xenia yelling and whip some @ss, haha!

~Shwa

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
That is a great idea. Arrest those who cause these disturbances and make them pay the costs associated with their tomfoolery.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure we can all agree you shouldn't be causing destruction just because you don't agree with something. However do any of you think it is a good idea to drill in the Arctic?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yes I do. The effects are negligible and increasing the supply MAY have an effect on prices, however prices are already grossly artificial so it may not.