• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Lucky Habs fans...

Crypticshock

Registered Member
For the first time ever, all 82 of the Habs games will be broadcast regionally in English. Sportsnet, CBC, CityTV and FXCanada will carry the load to provide the entire season. With all of these TV contracts, I think the Habs could sell $10 seats and still turn a profit!

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
My worker is telling me 60 Habs games will be televised on RDS and the other 22 on TVA. Others are telling me more than half are blacked out in the Ottawa region. What's the truth if someone doesn't mind helping out

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
the 60-22 split is accurate. but i believe that's regional. SO people living in quebec having rds and tva wont miss a single game, is what i presume. Idk what the deal is with ontatio and other provinces.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
The StroShow said:
My worker is telling me 60 Habs games will be televised on RDS and the other 22 on TVA. Others are telling me more than half are blacked out in the Ottawa region. What's the truth if someone doesn't mind helping out
That is the FRENCH regional broadcast rights.
ENGLISH regional broadcast rights goes to Sportsnet, CityTV, FX Canada and something else owned by Rogers.

I believe anyone East of Belleville is up shit creek. I am in Alberta and I will watch every game... for free. I even have a computer dedicated to just that. I do believe there are 42 national Habs games... yet idiots from Sportsnet liked to tell us that the Habs just don't sell outside of Quebec. I think it was John Shannon that said that... hilarious!

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
What site do you use to watch all 82 games?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
StroShow Hockey 1
Hilander Offbeat News 5
willge87 Baseball 14
T Hockey 3
idisrsly General Discussion 8