Lowell Close To Signing 3-Year, $37.5 Million Deal With Boston

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

ESPN - Mike Lowell and the Boston Red Sox are on the verge of finalizing a three-year, $37.5 million deal, ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney reports.

Lowell followed a superlative regular season -- career highs in batting average (.324) and RBIs (120) to go with 21 home runs in 154 games -- with an outstanding October. In Boston's four-game sweep of Colorado, Lowell hit .400 (6-for-15) with four RBIs, three walks and a team-high six runs in winning the World Series.

He homered, doubled and scored twice in the Game 4 clincher at Denver's Coors Field en route to being named the World Series MVP.

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_w...igning_3_year_$37.5_million_deal_with_boston/

2. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

Please please please let this deal go through. I want Lowell back in boston so badly.

3. Rise Up! (Witness™)

Rise Up! (Witness™) Registered Member

So he's not pushing the luck any and going for 4 years?

I don't think it would hurt him any if he tried to go for a fourth year. If they shoot him down on that offer he could always sign for the 3 year deal because I can guarantee you that if he is still playing solid baseball consistently, then after his 3 year contract is up, the Redsox will re-sign him.

4. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

thats true. I was hoping that they wouldnt sign him to a 4 year deal though, just because we dont know how he is going to be playing after these 3 years. So its best to just wait and see.