• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

low tide walk So Cal.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Two years in a row, I've joined with a group here in San Diego to do a low tide walk. We are able to do several miles along the beach without worrying about the tide getting us wet. It was beautiful!!

low tide 2.jpg low tide 1.jpg low tide 3.jpg low tide 4.jpg low tide 5.jpg

The last one was our destination. It is a power plant.

Last edited:

Loyal-Friend

Registered Member
What a great place to go for a walk. Stunning scenery.

I love going for walks, especially on my summer holiday. We usually walk through forest areas. The forest walks during Spring or Autumn are best though.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Nice pictures. I've always been amazed by the beauty of the Pacific coast and would definitely like to visit more places like San Diego, Monterrey, etc. I'd really love to drive the entire Pacific Coast Highway.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Loyal....I love walks too. Autumn is one thing that So Cal doesn't have much of. If we go to the mountains we might get some color.

Echoes....do definitely try and drive the PCH. Even us CA residents want to repeat sections of it over and over.

I am little familiar with the atlantic coast. Altho a few years back I took a cruise that traveled from Boston to Nova Scotia.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
You're really speaking my language here, shelgarr. Have you ever explored the tidepools at Laguna Beach? The terrain is perfect there for all kinds of interesting critters to be exposed when the water's low.

shelgarr

Registered Member
If I can find critters I am even MORE happy. On the beach that day, we came across a big gushy pink globule that we could only guess to be a washed up sea cucumber. I also collected two more sand dollars! I haven't been to Laguna beach though. :(

Last edited:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Laguna's recommended, but SD County definitely holds its own in the interesting shorefront department. Solana, to name one fairly picturesque spot, is a place where I could burn an hour or three with no effort at all.