Low sex drive - any OTC products that work?

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by NINnerd, Jun 15, 2010.

1. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

Ok, so I take medication for OCD and another for a sleeping disorder. In return, I have a low sex drive. I'm never really in the mood, and sex can often be painful because I'm not fully turned on.

So my question is:

Do any of you know any over the counter products that really work? I've tried KY Warming Liquid and that's not really enough.

Any specific mini vibrators (the ones that just go on the clit) that you like? Any sprays?

Thank in advance for those brave enough to reply. I know this is a personal topic, but I really need help.

(Btw - I'm female, in case you didn't know.)

storm_ina_C_cup likes this.

2. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

Let me ask you this, is it still difficult for you to be turned on with oral stimulation?

NINnerd likes this.
  3. NINnerd

Pretty much. Even if the guy is super good at it, it only turns me on a little.

I'm having more problems with my current boyfriend because not only is my sex drive low, but sex is painful because he's a bit larger than my ex's.

4. storm_ina_C_cup

Oh dear. I was hoping you'd say you get turned on by oral stimulation.

I'd still suggest he be the "initiatior" and just explain to him the reasons why (which I'm sure he already knows). Get him to stimulate you orally, this will relax you, even if he has to go down on you 6 or 7 times before you're turned on enough to follow through with the rest of the foreplay and intercourse.

And because you're experiencing painful sex I would recommend you use a (water-based) lubricant called, Eros; it lasts for ages and it's extremely slick, doesn't dry up, etc. therefore will make penetration feel less painful.

If you like incorporating sex toys look for the ones that have a G-Spot stimulator.

The key is to focus on you G-Spot before you dive into anything else, lol.

As far as any OTC medications, herbs, etc. I would ask your doctor, first, since you're on perscription meds.

Good Luck, I hope this helped a little. <3

Bliss likes this.
  5. NINnerd

Thanks for the reply.

Having him go down on me for that long will just chafe eventually and bore me to tears. I just don't get much from it.

I already use a ton of lube.

As far as toys - I'm wondering if anyone can recommend something like a bullet vibrator or something. Something with a bit of power.

6. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing that medicinal side effect. Vib-wise, a wireless Venus Butterfly might be something to look at. Check this ad and be sure to take note of the available accessories. And here's a little reliable info from the Mayo Clinic to arm yourself with.

Whatever you do, don't ever let it mess with your head - you're still awesome every day!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    NINnerd likes this.
  7. NINnerd

8. storm_ina_C_cup

GIRLS TOYS - Bedtime Heaven UK - Online Sex Toys

or go to Adam & Eve's website and order a catalog / have a look through their toy selection.
    ...Most toys will say what they do, how powerful they are, etc, etc.

9. NINnerd

Are those UK sites? I live in America.

I'm taking the bf to a sex shop in the next couple of days. I sent him an email with all the links I showed you guys. We'll see what happens! Haha.

10. storm_ina_C_cup

The link I gave you was a UK site but I think they deliver to the US if I'm not mistaken?

Adam and Eve is based out of the US.