Low flying Air Force One photo op over NYC

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by MenInTights, Apr 27, 2009.

1. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah that reminds me of something else that happened a few years ago. Something that is considered very unpatriotic to mention or refer to directly by date. :rolleyes:

I think this was a dumb idea too.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow! That was not a very smart idea. I find it stranger that Mayor Bloomberg didn't even know about this test. The people who saw that plane must of been extremely worried when they saw it coming, it probably caused a panic.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

What the hell is the point of doing something like that? If I saw that I would have crapped my pants.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Seriously though, I am confused by why this was even proposed as an idea to anybody in the first place. Also, not notifying the Mayor of NYC was a major fail. People who live there are going to be jumpy for the rest of the week now.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

that was a very stupid move. Obviously next time they should be more open to the public about it, hell I'm sure alot of people would have loved to hit up the shore to watch the low-flying demonstration had it been mentioned a week or so earlier as a warning or heads up about the act.

Ugh... and a Practice Photo Op using an Air Force One replica? What is Obama testing his stunts out now before he does 'em? Makes life alot easier when you can throw your minions under the bus to take the heat and claim you had no ties. mmmmhmmmm.

7. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Not a good publicity stunt at all. I'm sure alot of people were panicking when they saw those planes flew over.

8. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

well, you know to be fair, thus far it really has nothing to do with Obama other than being an AF1 dummy plane. It smells funny for sure, but there might be some 1/2 way reasonable excuse how this is not connected to Obama or his people. I don't know who's in charge of the FAA or even if that's an appointed position, but I'd expect to see his job listed in the paper next week.

But, like I said, it does smell bad. I can't think of anyone else in the government that would want photos of AF1 flying around the Statue of Liberty.
    ------
    Well, so much for the theory the White House had nothing to do with it:
    WHITE HOUSE APOLOGIZES FOR AIR FORCE ONE PHOTO-OP - New York Post

ok New Yorkers, get the pitch forks..

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Oh geez, haven't they heard of photoshop or other techniques to make a good realistic picture without putting a traumatised city into panic? It was a stupid move.

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I don't even know where to begin to explain how much of a dumbass the guy who wanted this "photo op" was. I think every New Yorker would castrate him if given the chance.